Best way to set up Greenteeth on a 1625

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gr8scott72

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just got a set of Greenteeth for my Rayco 1625 super jr. I want to know from some people that have this what is the best way to setup the teeth? The 1625 has 18 teeth, 3 sets of 3 on each side.

The pockets they sent is 6 angled and 3 straight for each side.

The instructions from Greenteeth say to just use the setup that was on the grinder. I bought the grinder used and it had vermeer (dull and worn out) teeth on it and I have already taken them off so I don't remember how they were on and I don't even know if they were set up properly to begin with.

i had greenteeth set up on my 1625 and it beat the machine up especially the poly chain so take your time and good luck. btw setup was same as machine set up as far as the teeth are concerned

i had greenteeth set up on my 1625 and it beat the machine up especially the poly chain so take your time and good luck. btw setup was same as machine set up as far as the teeth are concerned

That was my question. I don't know how the machine was setup. Where do I need to put the angled and straight pockets? Does it need to be angle, angle, straight? or straight, angle, angle? etc.

Outermost pockets on the 1625 get all straights side by side all the curved will go behind them. Setup will be straight- curved -curved -straight- curved -curved- straight- curved -curved same on both sides of the wheel. Good luck with the teeth, I stopped using them after a few sets of bearings and a clutch failure. :taped:

Outermost pockets on the 1625 get all straights side by side all the curved will go behind them. Setup will be straight- curved -curved -straight- curved -curved- straight- curved -curved same on both sides of the wheel. Good luck with the teeth, I stopped using them after a few sets of bearings and a clutch failure. :taped:

Outmost meaning the ones closest to the edge of the wheel right? Just trying to make sure.

And I'm well aware of the reasons you stated that you don't use them. I've searched extensively on here and I've read everything I can find on them and made the decision to give them a try.

That outside set of straight teeth is also called the lead tooth position and I'd try running the Greenteeth in just that position if you still have the old Rayco teeth and bolts.

I had serious problems directly related to the Greenteeth. I quit using them and went back to the tried and true, tough as nails Raycos which can be resharpened at least once then retipped for much less than a new tooth.

Lots of guys swear by the Greenteeth but I've had bad luck running in rock and with clutch, belt and bearing failure on two different grinders.

Dadatwins was correct with the set up if you want to run in all positions.

That outside set of straight teeth is also called the lead tooth position and I'd try running the Greenteeth in just that position if you still have the old Rayco teeth and bolts.

I had serious problems directly related to the Greenteeth. I quit using them and went back to the tried and true, tough as nails Raycos which can be resharpened at least once then retipped for much less than a new tooth.

Lots of guys swear by the Greenteeth but I've had bad luck running in rock and with clutch, belt and bearing failure on two different grinders.

Dadatwins was correct with the set up if you want to run in all positions.

Thanks for your help guys. I don't have the Rayco teeth. I bought the machine used and it had some WELL worn vermeer teeth on it. (Along with a completely worn out engine.) The new engine should be here tonight and I hope to be out grinding tomorrow or Sunday at the latest.

Did you check the bearings on that unit? I read about the problems on the other thread about the engine and it sounds like the machine was beaten up pretty bad. On the small machine easy to check the lower bearing, with the machine off and not running pull the cutter wheel side to side if you see movement in the bearings they are toast. Don't run it long with bad bearing that leads to shaft wear and other problems.

Did you check the bearings on that unit? I read about the problems on the other thread about the engine and it sounds like the machine was beaten up pretty bad. On the small machine easy to check the lower bearing, with the machine off and not running pull the cutter wheel side to side if you see movement in the bearings they are toast. Don't run it long with bad bearing that leads to shaft wear and other problems.

For as beat up as the machine seems to be, the belts and bearing seem to be in good shape. Maybe they were already replaced.

Latest posts

Back