Big 70cc JD Bogs down in the cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagetown

Farmer and a STIHL
Reaction score
Saturday's clean up didn't pan out like we intended. My son's big saw kept bogging down everytime he put it to the wood. Sometimes it would run longer than others. He wasn't pushing it, and it ate like a hog, then just go down, and he'd jerk it out of the wood, rev it several times , stick it back in and in a few seconds down she'd go again. We were thinking trash might be in the fuel system.
I'm supposed to take in into the shop Wednesday, but if there is a simple remedy I could do I'd appreciated it.
sweetgum1.jpg

Try running the H screw all the way in just to where its seated (very lightly). Back it out 1.25 turns and retune. That might work. If not then a carb rebuild kit might be needed along with all new lines and filters. That *should* take care of the problem.

The fuel lines on Efcos are known to tear where it passes through the tank.

He noticed fuel residue on the outside of the housing while sawing. This evening when I went into my shop, there's fuel all over the floor where it's sitting. He had all new gaskets and lines put in it almost 2 yrs ago at John Deere. They told him they would no longer service saws. So I'm taking it in to Stihl dealer in Fort Smith, AR on Wednesday. If they won't service it, it may become a home project.

Back