big ash rounds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willt1981

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i had cut these about a year ago and just got around to splitting them. i counted one of the rounds to see how many pieces of wood came out. 63! pretty impressive. were supposed to get 18"-24" of snow by this time tomorrow. im not so interested.

"63 pieces from one round"

WOW !!!!(are you counting the slivers than accumulate at bottom of wedge ?

;-)))

Great batch of heat....can't beat a good piece of ash

i had cut these about a year ago and just got around to splitting them. i counted one of the rounds to see how many pieces of wood came out. 63! pretty impressive. were supposed to get 18"-24" of snow by this time tomorrow. im not so interested.
Well, you broke my all-time record of 50 split logs from a big round of locust. I couldn't even lift it onto the truck by myself, even with my log lifter. I finally used a winch and ramps. I should have noodled that thing in half. :chainsaw:

What are the odds of finding a nice big Ash in Ashe county.:monkey:

NICE!!!!

I wish ours weren't dead or dying.

I could use some nice Ash right now.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

:agree2::cheers:

Nice Ash - cause we all know nothing beats a nice piece of Ash !!

A few beers go well with it - maybe a smoke after.

Those are some big ash rounds . That is really impressive 63 splits of wood out of round.

You deserve some rep . Now go put everything away before you can't find it under all that snow you are suppose to get.:hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

Did you by chance count the growth rings? That tree no doubt saw the civil war, And possibly the revolutionary war!

i did. it wasnt as old as you'd think. i counted 115. this was from a clump of trees growing on a fencline and it is cleared land on either side. we have around 60" of rain a year and several feet of snow so trees get lots and lots of what they need to get big quick - espically in the open like that.

Back