Big Bore C/P kits for 371/372!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axmen365

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anyone ever put a big bore C/P kit on their saw from baileys. It looks really nice and baileys says it fits on a 365 also. I was wondering if any of you guys ever put one on your saw and if so, how does it perform?

There is also the 75CC factory P&C from Husky, part # 544254302. Certainly it will cost more, but it is an actual Mahle, rather than Chinese product. It will fit on all saws in the 372/2171 family, including the 365/2165 and 362/2163. The cost difference from the standard 71CC cylinder is just $2, so it's certainly a no brainer, ($248 vs. $250 list). (The 362XP cylinder actually costs $5 more than the 75CC)

I put one of the Bailey's ones on one of my old 2065's. So far it has held up good. I don't have a huge number of hours on it, but I figured it would give me a useable back-up for about $100.

I also put one on my cousins 372XP. He has used his a lot and has had no problems. He cuts pulp in the winter, so in a few more months it will be put to the test. I'm looking forward to see how well it holds up.

I have put a couple on and ported a couple, made a race saw from one.

Stock they are ok more or less on par performance wise with stock jug, maybe a little lower RPM with more RPM. But ported I like the 372BB. Want to see how the new ones with Nikasil bore look.

I put one on mine and yes it is a bit of differance no replacement for displacement. The muffler needs to be modded to get the best gain and carb richer to prevent trouble:jawdrop: It did good stock but now it does better.

I have experience with one 066 BB kit. Stock, it had more power than my ported 066 RL. Now that it's ported, it really runs good!

Brad,

I'm interested in doing this with my 064. What exactly did you do to the ports (assuming you did the work)? Did you open them up or just polish and blend them?

i have had one on my 365special for over a year now and its holding up good.
it noticably outcuts both my 371xp and 372xpw(75cc). but the 365 is also muffler modded now so that could have a hand in it too.

Brad,

I'm interested in doing this with my 064. What exactly did you do to the ports (assuming you did the work)? Did you open them up or just polish and blend them?

Widened the intake and exhaust to skirt limits
Tapered lower transfers to bottom of jug
Angled upper transfers towards intake
Flowed and lightened piston
Port matched muffler body
Welded on two exhaust tubes
Velocity stack with K&N filter

This is before the V-stack and K&N
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYVPAEMLqKg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYVPAEMLqKg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Widened the intake and exhaust to skirt limits
Tapered lower transfers to bottom of jug
Angled upper transfers towards intake
Flowed and lightened piston
Port matched muffler body
Welded on two exhaust tubes
Velocity stack with K&N filter

This is before the V-stack and K&N
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYVPAEMLqKg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYVPAEMLqKg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Excellent info, thanks! Do you by chance have any pictures of the port work?

Sorry to be so nosey, I'm new to doing 2 stroke port work and I'm trying to learn what I can before I do my 064... If it goes well I might even try the 3120. :)

Thanks!

pictures are good, but I doubt anyone will learn to port by looking at pictures. Lots of reading to be found on porting, start with 2 Stroke Tunners HandBook, then look at buying some of the half dozen or so books on the subject, worth every penny. 1 screwed up jug would pay for a stack of books.

http://www.edj.net/2stroke/jennings/

There are a few other good reads on this link as well. More info on the net yet if you search, but a lot of it is not 100% correct or even applicable to chainsaws.

A picture is worth a thousand words, but...

Thanks TW, I will look into the books. Not looking to go crazy with porting, just want to open, smooth, and clean things up a little. :)

hmmm a 75cc version of my Jonsered 2165 does sound appealing. I already have 250$ in the saw,
what's another 250$ for a piston and cylinder.

Has anyone here ever put one on a 365? Because from the looks of it, I don't think my cover will fit over it, it looks to tall.

Has anyone here ever put one on a 365? Because from the looks of it, I don't think my cover will fit over it, it looks to tall.

The only difference between the 365 and 371/372 is the piston cylinder and air filter that has the low top filter cover (365) I have put many big bore kits on 365's and upgraded them to a high top (372) filter system, but the 365 filter seems to work fine also.

Some 365s have a bolt on carb boot not clamp on, in that case the intake boot needs to be replaced also with a clamp on style boot..

Jug will fit fine, same carb, no problems as long as you have the right intake boot., 365 filter and top cover works fine too with 372 BB jug.

Last edited:
Back