big saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Sr4oqOVyjfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wait you said 80cc or bigger

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jC5LRoLm_X8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Poulan Pro 655...

PoulanPro6556_zpsd57162e0.jpg

Last edited:
Depends on my mood & what I'm wanting to do.

Milling or freehand noodling/roughing out turning blocks/slabs its the 288XPW (greater speed) followed by the 2100CD (more torque)

But if I just want to have some fun & scare the neighborhood at the same time its the SP125C every time...

The word big is relative. Packing big saws in our brush sucks. But my 385xp is pretty enjoyable.:msp_wub:

The word big is relative. Packing big saws in our brush sucks. But my 385xp is pretty enjoyable.:msp_wub:

Yes, our brush sucks. That's why I have a big weedeater with a blade. And your 385 if fun, the 395 is gonna be a fun play saw too once we find something big to hack on with it lol

Last edited:
288 hands down. Love the sound filling the holler and Randy built it crazy strong. Ive only been able to use my 2188 once but it is obvious to me it will be a true contender this fall.:rock: Never started my 2100cd. Bought it from Jon1212- sent it straight to Randy for full rebuild/ porting. It may wind up being # 1. Time will tell.

If i had a choice in real big wood it would go
to the Sachs Dolmar 166. 2nd choice would
be the Mcculloch 797 and then of course the
Homelite 2100. But you can,t forget the Mac
Kart saws, A true test of power.

Uncle Lee

Back