Big shot missfire...Heads up!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Murphy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A friend had a big shot miss fire and the throwbag came back with force directly at his eye.....
Good thing he had saftey glasses on or he would have lost his eye for sure!!!
Take care

A couple guys over here got messed up by Big Shots over the past few years. One guy messed up his eye BIG TIME. Another guy, one of the bands broke and he got something like 80 stitches across his face.

Though I'm not naming names, walnuts shot out of the Big Shot could very well cause injuries too. 'Specially when the part you pull back (what is that called, anyway?) is nearly on the ground before you let go....:D

Dan

hail the white angels

Uhh, hello!!!

Eggs

I have a klemheist holding my archery release so I have shoulder fired action with a trigger pull. Idle hands are the devils......:rolleyes:

My local Vermeer dealer said the ONLY people who have purchase the BS are fishermen taking it to the coast.

Shoulder Fire

[QUOTE
I have a klemheist holding my archery release so I have shoulder fired action with a trigger pull.
.02 [/B][/QUOTE]

I have a 'wichard' clip for my quick release, shoulder fire. Don't for get to tuck it into shoulder to avoid recoil.
Iam thinking that some sort of moulded shoulder pad could be a good idea??
whatyouthinkok?!?

Re: Shoulder Fire

Originally posted by Rob Murphy
Iam thinking that some sort of moulded shoulder pad could be a good idea??
whatyouthinkok?!?

I started thinking that route, and I can see it working for tree work applications. I didn't go that route because I didn't think my intentions were noble - especially after spending 30 minutes under a customer's pear tree launching pears at pigeons on a powerline over in the greenbelt.:rolleyes:

big shot

Water balloons. Tell the kids to run out there and catch them on a hot day. You can accually catch them if you don't put too much water in the balloons but then that's no fun.

Re: Re: Re: Shoulder Fire

Originally posted by John Paul Sanborn
That's a cigarette breake, no?

Actually, a pigeon assasination break. Had to kick the smokey treats, still like the break. ;)

I had tried firing off water balloons a while ago. I am guessing that I put too much water in there, because they just broke as I released the pouch.

Doors are a little too big for the BS.

Come on light my fire...

One of the ISA chapters has a BS Golf Tournament. Sounds like fun! The image of a bunch of people walking around the golf course wearing Arbor Ware jeans and climbing boots with BS over their shoulder is a contrast to the one that I saw yesterday when we were pruning.

Last edited:
I lucked out last year... the garage space I was renting bordered on a driving range. I now have a 2 or 3 gallon bucket in my garage filled with stray golf balls :)

What to use a Big Shot for....?

Did 18 holes of golf at my 20 year class reunion. A club can beat a BigShot on the fareway for overall distance, but the BigShot has an amazing accuracy on chip shots. Elizabeth was the putting Goddess. More fun than you can shake a club at. Highly recommend this unconventional form of the sport. -TM-

Latest posts

Back