Big winch?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whatscooking

whatscooking

ArboristSite Operative
I bet they are made but i have not seen one, is there a winch made to fit on the three point hitch of say a 75 horse farm tractor that you could drag logs up some of these hollers i have around me, i have some reall great bigger trees further down than i can get with a chain or two.

Dalmatian90

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Google "Logging Winches"

They'll look like these guys:

fxgallery1.jpg

KiwiBro

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
How deep are your pockets?

I weeelly, weeelly, weeelly like the Tajfun winches but I like a roof over our heads even more. In a perfect world, where I had the $and could have it sit on the back of a tractor for a few years before paying for itself, I'd be into one of their double drum, remote controlled winches. they are pruuuudy.

Bl8tant

Bl8tant

ArboristSite Member
Just wanted to mention the Fransgard brand. I bought the V-4000 last year and love it. I did lots of research on all the brands and it came down to who had the closest dealer - Fransgard. The various brands are all expensive and all very capable. They are also simple enough designs that I believe all are reliable as long as you don't abuse them severely. If you have a 75 horse tractor then get the biggest winch you can afford.....these things are STOUT !

Latest posts