Biodegradable Stihl HP oil ??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

komatsuvarna

Arboristsite MVP
Reaction score
I know its probably been discused several times, But degrading 80% in 21 days doesnt sound like something i want in my new 372. I hear this senthetic mix is supposed to be the best, but after i read that, it makes me scratch my head. Seems to be alot of people using it. What do you do? Dump it out in 10 days when its degraded 40%?
Makes me wanna try to find husky xp.
:dizzy:

It won't degrade like that in your saw... Needs the action of air and water and microbes to do the degrading. Them microbes are the bio part of biodegradable.

J

The decomposition rates are based, as others have said, on conditions if you had like dumped it on the forest floor or something, and it was exposed to microbes, decomposers, water, moisture, other biodegradable matter, etc. It does not undergo rapid decomposition or degradation to quality either on its own in the little bottles or in gas mix. Husky XP mix is good stuff too though. gotto love the blue color. I also get a headache from the smell of stihl ultra, on hot days. I dont get it from the bailey's synthetic.

All of this new biodegradable safe for the ozone is a bunch of bs....same goes for the ethonal crap....It P$%@!#s me OFF!

I agree with you mike,the ultra smell chokes me up too.
Im with Rubberducky also, all thats available to me is 10% ethanol blend. Ive been runnin 93 octane shell V-power and hoping for the best.

Latest posts

Back