black and red crankk question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokey7

jack of a lot ace of a few
Reaction score
Good morning guys i recently got a 630 jred and i need a good crank. Will a 625, 630 and 670 cranks fit.

awesome how hard is it to split the case and will Husqvarna splitter work I've never split a chainsaw case before in my life

yes, the Husq splitter works on about any case, but it will leave the bearings in the crank case. Make sure you take out all the screws first ;)

how do you get the bearings out of the case once you get the crank out just a regular bearing puller

If you only want to replace the crank, put it in the freezer. Leave the bearings in the case and put the 1/2 case in the oven. Slide the crank in the case and put it in the freezer again, while heating up the other case half in the oven. Repeat , et voila.

Ok except the crank i need to pull from a 630 bearings too then pull one from a 625 or 670. Then i want to replace bearings and seals. I do not know if there is much of a way to tell if bearings are good i know both of the parts saws have been sitting with no jug on them for afew years. So knowing that would you replace the bearings as well or just the seals and flush the bearings out and feel for roughness

I hope I've been clear enough in my explanation of my plan I have a complete 630 that I would like to take the crank out of a 625 or at 673 replace the bad crank in my 630

That part number was used only on very late production saws - but I'm not sure what the differense(s) was. Could be coarse vs. fine treads for the clutch?
You're probably right as 625/630/670 saws are cousins of the husky 266/268 versions with it's endless combinations of partnrs.

I hope I've been clear enough in my explanation of my plan I have a complete 630 that I would like to take the crank out of a 625 or at 673 replace the bad crank in my 630

The production time of your 630 may be important info, to find the right donor.

what build year is it, or what is the serialnr.? What is wrong with the crank?

I will see if I can find the serial number on it but the crank I'm sure went bad it'll only spin backward. I looked through the muffler at the top and it looks perfect

I will do that soon just gettin ducks in a row as a worse case. I was told they were all late 80s early 90s when i got them. But the numbers never lie unless they have been messed with.

Back