Black or Blue Fuel Diaphragm in 026 Stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max2cam

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Old Stihl 026 with WT-194 Walbro carb and I'm rebuilding the carb. Rebuild kit has blue plastic and rubbery black fuel metering diaphragms, but old one in carb is tan Teflon type. Should I use the blue one or the black one? Or try to find a new tan one online? I run non-ethanol premium gas at 50:1 mix. I searched for the answer but nothing turned up for an 026. Thank you!

Black one will pump more fuel. The blue one will outlast the black one.
Or so they say.
Both will work and you’ll never notice any difference

If there's no working difference between them maybe I'll use the one that lasts longer -- so they say. Plus it is a pretty blue color and the old girl (1992) might like that. Thanks!

Thanks for the useful chart!
Lat it, the Teflon diaphragm would seem to be the best choice for a chainsaw. But this OEM Walbro rebuild kit K10-WAT doesn't have the Teflon one, only the rubber and acetate ones.

WAIT! Actually it does have a Teflon one, but that one doesn't have the little flapper valves on it, only totally open cutouts! What's the deal with that? Is the part defective or does some applications call for a pump diaphragm without the flap thingies? That seems very weird to an amateur like myself, but some of you experts must know the reason for it.

Latest posts

Back