Blaze King "thermometer"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Reaction score
What POOP!

Been quite a few times now stove right full off coals and some wood but the thermometer went full retard.

This morning I wake up, 58* in the house. Huh?!

Go look at the stove, it's still half full. I open the draft controller 1/8 turn and would you look at that?!

Does anyone make something that doesn't suck? Maybe a battery powered or electric control?

20170113_090808.jpg

No it's the T spot! It's also a better ocupation fumbling with the T spot as you can combine it with liberal amounts of refreshments.

Motorsen

the sweet spot is somewhere right there in the middle. When it drops below 0 its putting out heat, but my house is stuck at 60. Time to start changing windows and doors!!

I'm not exactly what your complaint is... You loaded the stove and somewhere over night the stove dropped out of the active zone and wasn't putting out the needed heat but then you adjusted the air control a 1/8" and it was ripping again?

Just leave it set higher before you go to bed. I run my King wide open 99% of the time with the fans on high too so I don't have your trouble.

mine acts like that on my king aswell but it dosent appear to be as bad as yours is yet. it has gotten worse overtime though. im the only one who uses it so its not an issue at the moment, but i love the stove.

An 1/8 turn on the BK stat is a LOT. The whole operating rage of the thermostat is less than 1/2 a turn. Your post title says thermometer but can we assume that you are unhappy with the thermostat?

Are you sure this isn't just operator error? If you need more heat, you need to turn that stat up!

I also have a blaze King princess. The thermostat control I have had stick in both the wide open position, and totally closed. I drilled two small holes in the back of the cover. This will allow you to mechanically free the butterfly that controls the airflow, should it stick on you. This may not be your problem though, it sounds like your thermostat is opening and closing as it should.
5ca111d07249bd2acfd0fd4fac1a5ca9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a site/ forum with a thread dedicated to the Blaze King maybe you already know that? If not pm me and I will fill you in. I have the Princess model and have 1 full winter and this winter with it so far. It's pretty easy really set the thermostat some place run it for the night . Not hot enough open it up a little further . Not hot enough open it some more and so on. Good luck with yours it just takes a little getting used to.

Back