Blitz 60 chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerryd15

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
anyone know if this is a collector saw? worth anything? cant find parts or anything for it. has points yet. has spark, good compression140 plus. has a leak on the seal under the clutch.

I actually like Oleo Mac saws in general but sourcing parts for them is very difficult in NA, I have kept my 955Super and a Green, JD 56 made by Oly running but parts had to be sourced outside the country for them. They were a decent made saw and I have cut a lot of wood with mine.

I actually like Oleo Mac saws in general but sourcing parts for them is very difficult in NA, I have kept my 955Super and a Green, JD 56 made by Oly running but parts had to be sourced outside the country for them. They were a decent made saw and I have cut a lot of wood with mine.
I really like my JD 56. I had to put replace the P/C on mine & it was not easy to find. Plus, shipping from Italy tends to be expensive, even by Hawaii standards.

I really like my JD 56. I had to put replace the P/C on mine & it was not easy to find. Plus, shipping from Italy tends to be expensive, even by Hawaii standards.
That is their downfall as for me owning and running them, parts are difficult to obtain and very expensive to import, saws work great until they need a part, my 955 needed a spark module, cost me around $255. including, shipping and import duty., The piston I got from member on this site was a bit pricy but I just suck this cost stuff up if I want to fix a saw and go for it, likely why I have so many saws around me.LOL

That is their downfall as for me owning and running them, parts are difficult to obtain and very expensive to import, saws work great until they need a part, my 955 needed a spark module, cost me around $255. including, shipping and import duty., The piston I got from member on this site was a bit pricy but I just suck this cost stuff up if I want to fix a saw and go for it, likely why I have so many saws around me.LOL
Wow, that is expensive. I’m kind of the same way even though I don’t cut wood like you. I’ll spend what I need to keep a saw running even if it doesn’t get run very much.

Wow, that is expensive. I’m kind of the same way even though I don’t cut wood like you. I’ll spend what I need to keep a saw running even if it doesn’t get run very much.
That is the reason,cost for replacement parts, that has kept the brand so little liked around here. The saws are often dumped when a part is needed as its too costly and difficult to source them. I cannot repair them for others it is just too expensive.

It did start and idle once. I was able to remove the seal and order a new one for the clutch side. if i can get it running decent, i would like to change it over to electronic ignition. does anyone know how to do that when the induction coil is under the flywheel? the magnets are on the inside of the flywheel with a small coil. the spark coil is mounted in the recoil housing.

Attachments

• IMG_9406.mov
    12 MB
Back