Blue marble oil test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben, I ran some of the 32-1 Blue Marble mix today in my 4HP Yamaha sailboat kicker. It was as smoke free as that engine has ever run. Even when cold started the smoke filled bubbles that rise to the surface didn't cause any oil slick on the surface. Neat stuff.
John.......

That doesnt supprise me as outboard oils all smoke heavily due to the base oil blend and dilluant type they use. BM is not a outboard oil from what I gather.
I might also add that a few years ago Mercury marine forbid the use of Blue marble in any of there engines.
BTW those small Yammi outboards are really nice and smoke very little, even with poor oil due to there port efficancy. I am in the process now of switching all the small outboards t our fishing lodge over to 6 and 8 hp yammi's.

I bought some of the Mobil 1 Racing, MX2T, the other day and I'll try that next in the Yamaha. The only oil that's come close to the BM ,from a smoke standpoint, has been some Bombardier Synthetic which is considered a 'marine' oil. I'm a ME and I'm still having a hard time getting my arms around the idea that the engine, or the oil, 'know' what conditions they are being run under. The cooler temps of the cylinder walls of a water cooled engine certainly don't effect the combustion temps that much does it?
John............

I'm a ME and I'm still having a hard time getting my arms around the idea that the engine, or the oil, 'know' what conditions they are being run under. The cooler temps of the cylinder walls of a water cooled engine certainly don't effect the combustion temps that much does it?
the formulations are night and day differant. FWIW Bombardier doesnt sell a marine oil per say. All of their oils are low ash, air cooled type oils. Rotax actually forbids the use of tcw3,ashless marine oils.

BTW I thought I would let you all know. The test is a bust. The guy fromj BM never got back with me in regards to shipping the oil for the test so i will not be doing it. Instead I am going to test another oil that isnt on the market yet, but that I have acquired 2 gallons of to beta test for a buddy of mine.

Latest posts

Back