Blue max 45cc, "same" as red max 5000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borwicks

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Check out these pics. Menards had this on sell for 99.99. Marked down a 100. I ran 2 tanks of gas threw it today. There are a few small things that appear different but all in all its its twin. Iam going to do muffler mod and tune. Going to put 16" bar on as well..The redmax 5000 has a muffler mod and tuned. The redmax outcuts my 260pro. The 260 has no mods. Will keep you all updated.

the blue max is a china made....redmax is japan made....both of them have removal cylinders. adjustable oilers. fully adjustable carbs.

No no no - I have seen the specs of the "Blue max", and it obviously is a Chinese made POS, with very low power and rpm - the Redmax 5000 sure isn't!

It is also the same saw that is used in lots of SCAMS on the UK E-bay, posing with fake Husky and Stihl colors and labels!

A "refurbished" Poulan Wild Thing probably is a much better saw.........

Last edited:
The g5000 was made in japan. The g5000 is a great saw. I dont know about the 400 or 4000. I do have a 3500t that was made in china. It has 16 tanks of fuel threw it . no problems.

I normally wouldnt buy something like the blue max but for $100 i wanted to see how it would do. very cheap back up saw. Im not going to tear it down to see how the internals are until or if it breaks. FYI ...The ms361 and g5000 are my favorite saws to run, the little 3500t is close. its so light and user friendly.

i was looking at the manuals..the bluemax..10000rpm max...25:1 ratio...45cc...redmax..12500rpm max....50:1....49cc...I use amsoil syn. at 50:1 in all my 2 strokes. the blue max got the same mix..

No no no - I have seen the specs of the "Blue max", and it obviously is a Chinese made POS, with very low power and rpm - the Redmax 5000 sure isn't!

It is also the same saw that is used in lots of SCAMS on the UK E-bay, posing with fake Husky and Stihl colors and labels!

The saw does not pull the 20" bar like the redmax. thats why its getting a 16"....im going to set the rpms at 12000 after muffler mod and see how it holds. ...should be interesting....$100 is just a few cases of beer anyway.

if you look very close at the pics the mold lines and such are identical..the plastic air cover is slightly different...from what i can see of the jugs they look like they came out of the same mold as well..the redmax has anti rubbers the blue max does not.

I don't think I would use the blue max in the same sentence as the red max 5000, they were and are a pro saws very well made and very durable, the blue max is like troll said CHINA POS.
However for a $100 bucks I would probably give one a shot just for the hell of it.

I don't think I would use the blue max in the same sentence as the red max 5000, they were and are a pro saws very well made and very durable, the blue max is like troll said CHINA POS.
However for a $100 bucks I would probably give one a shot just for the hell of it.

My thoughts were the same. IF it blows apart at 12k and injures me i may have a different thought..I dont want anyone to think I was trying to say they are the same saw...but more they look the same...,,

Do you like to buy a product made by a manufacturer that support scam artists by making their POS in Husky and Stihl colors when ordered?

I think not! :censored:

The way I see it Troll if someone out there spots one of these knock offs and thinks that they are a stihl or a husky they got some serious issues to begin with anyone who looks into purchasing a husky or stihl and can't tell the difference is up #### creek before they buy one of these CHINA rigs anyway.

The way I see it Troll if someone out there spots one of these knock offs and thinks that they are a stihl or a husky they got some serious issues to begin with anyone who looks into purchasing a husky or stihl and can't tell the difference is up #### creek before they buy one of these CHINA rigs anyway.

This is true...as i stated in the first post.."same"...I knew exactly what i was buying. There is a reason this is at menards marked down to 100 smacks. Its not like any of us go to menards to buy a saw.

Sort of, but I don't think swindel/scam is OK, regardless of the ignorence of the victim.....:censored:

I am not saying that those that sell the Bluemax on the markets are scam artists, the support of that comes from higher up in the "food chain", most likely the factory itself.

Last edited:
Back