Blue max 45cc, "same" as red max 5000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sort of, but I don't think swindel/scam is OK, regardless of the ignorence of the victim.....:censored:

No! I don't believe in swindeling or scamming anyone either. But most people don't buy chainsaws on impulse at least I hope not. Although this is AS HOME OF CAD!:cheers:

I do not care what it is, any product purchased from china just takes away from jobs in every other country in the world. We should all try to avoid buying any china made products if at all possible. You may be able to through away 100.00 bucks just for fun, but the people that are without jobs due to china job take over are not so lucky.

I do not care what it is, any product purchased from china just takes away from jobs in every other country in the world. We should all try to avoid buying any china made products if at all possible. You may be able to through away 100.00 bucks just for fun, but the people that are without jobs due to china job take over are not so lucky.

Your telling me nothing you own is made in CHINA! BS! impossible in this day and age!:(

I agree with some of this. It comes down to a couple other things as well. A large portion of consumers want cheap. meaning they price shop. If the average home owner can buy a "similar" saw for a lower price they will buy it. There reason is I will only use it a few times. Im going out on a limb on this one but I would imagine cheap homeowners saws out sell professional saws in total revenue.

Corporate is also to blame for making these cheap items or are they just answering to the homeowner consumer?

no matter how you look at it..I bought a china made saw because it was cheap and i was curious. that is the bottom line..well i dont have a lot going on either and i had 100 dollars to waste..i could have gave 100 dollars to charity but where is that money going..this is 100 on research...that you all get to read about and discuss, laugh, look down on and such..At the end of the day none of us would go and buy this saw with the intent to make a living with it.

It is impossible to totally avoid, as lots of Western factories use Chinese sub-contractors (look at your cell-phone loader for instance)........:censored:

Even some of our Army uniforms (not the field ones) are made there - I call them the "MAO suit" and avoid using them as much as I can.....:givebeer:

no matter how you look at it..I bought a china made saw because it was cheap and i was curious. that is the bottom line..well i dont have a lot going on either and i had 100 dollars to waste..i could have gave 100 dollars to charity but where is that money going..this is 100 on research...that you all get to read about and discuss, laugh, look down on and such..At the end of the day none of us would go and buy this saw with the intent to make a living with it.

:agree2:

In this day in age companys are always looking for ways to bring
manufacturing cost down, unfortantly that means people are going to be put out of work that's just a fact of life. I'm not saying thats good! But I'm sure people in China have to eat too. As far as the china nock off saws well I think you will find that its the people that are selling these saws on ebay and the such,that are applying the stihl and husky names to these products to fool the average smuck into a sale.

Its not hard to make a decal.

Last edited:
Your telling me nothing you own is made in CHINA! BS! impossible in this day and age!:(

I did not say that, but I avoid all china products if possible, I will not shop Walmart, (they are the largest employer in china) and I try to buy non china if possible. We have suffered in the wood industry from china, and I know a lot of people that are out of jobs from china, I do not think that china cares If we eat or work, or even if their own people eat. You may be wealthy enough to through away your money, and that is great, But in or neck of the woods we can not afford too. My business in the wood industry went from 25 people 2 years ago to 5 people today, and this is due to the paper industry not only buying Chinese wood products but also bringing in china paper products. I hope your field of work is never affected as we were, it leaves a bitter taste.

One must learn to adapt and evolve and pay close attention to whats happening in the world.
Its not like one day we woke up and the cheap labor was here in America.
It didnt take one day for businesses to go outside America.
There are several reasons why the world and America is in its current shape and it didnt happen over night and alot of it comes down to greed.

did test runs of saws.....

I did a muffler mod and tuned the blue max. I took a carlton k1 chain, sharpened at 25 degrees, mic the cutting teeth they were all within .006.
I used the same chain and bar on both machines for the test.
I did a final tune in the wood. did not have my tach but I could tell the blue was not revving like the red. results. I did the blue max first. 4 cuts then switched bar and chain to red max. I used dryed 3year 9.75" elm for test. results as follows.

blue..8.47-9.13-8.9-8.68
red...7.78-7.78-7-7.39

View pics here.
http://picasaweb.google.com/borwicks/20091205#

My thoughts. I should have got my tach. When the muffler was off i looked inside and could see nice hone marks on cylinder wall and 2 rings. If the blue max revved higher the times would be closer. Used .325 chain. Outruns any of the off the shelf home owner stuff Ive used in recent years. How long it lasts???time will tell.

A couple of you guys dont think they look the same...What are you looking at. come on. Ive never seen closer saws. Thats the reason it caught my eye. I was walking by not "looking" and noticed it.

I showed the pics to my g/f. She said no at first. Then I said why not. She said the stickers are different, the plastic looks different. I then pointed out the "core" of each saw and she said yes i do see it now.

Latest posts

Back