Bluegrass chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bluegrass saw

Barker was made in Springfield Missouri. This saw was made in "The Bluegrass state". It is not related to Barker.

Does not mean it is not related! barker as well as many others did some private labeling! I will have to see if I still have it but I had a barker that looked identical except the color! It may not be but it sure looks like her!

Bluegrass,

I have had dozens of Barker and Mono saws. I don't think this is a Power Products engine. Belknap built these saws and I have not determined the maker of the engine.

Bluegrass Pics

More pictures. I have never seen a Power Products engine look like this. Has anyone got some facts on these saws?

If the exhaust is up front it probably is a clinton! I just looked at my old barker and it is virtually identical except for the exhaust! Another one that was similar in the day was lombard!

Bluegrass is Remington

I just looked at Remingtons on The Chainsaw collectors corner site and it is for sure a Remington saw.

Reminton Bluegrass picture

The motor looks the same just a different tank.

More Bluegrass pics

Look at these compared to the Remington pics. My bar even is a Remington bar. I am also tickled to see that it is related to Mall saws. I think I heard that Remington bought out Mall.

Last edited:
Yup, Remington bought out Mall. In about 1957... and later became DESA.
Belknap Hardware in Kentucky bought chainsaws from Clinton, at first, and later Remington. They re-badged them as Blue Grass chainsaws, put their labels and stickers on 'em...If you want to research a little more about Belkna[ history, try this site:
http://www.thckk.org/index.html

Your saw is not common... It's a fine collectible.
Another interesting and hard-to-find chainsaw brand is the Grass Queen...
Like the Bluegrass saws, they were re-badged... Some of the old saws from the middle Midwest (Kentucky, Missouri) are hard to find, nowadays... Important pieces of North American chainsaw history!!

Back