Bob Vila tree felling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL!!!

I got the dish to watch Motorcycle racing on Speed. MotoGP?

They often revamp an entire Kitchen in 30min, and "Simple plumbing" projects take 5 Min.

I feel sorry for some guys though. Yeah, my life is a living hell when HGTV is on.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I've also heard recently that Vanilla Ice has his own screw-it-up-yourself show on one of those loathed DIY channels

Yeah, Moto GP and WSB.

It's fun to watch a desmodromic smackdown on Honda.
It's gonna be even more fun with Val on a proper ride next year.
Him and Casey are obviously the only two on the planet that can hang onto a Desmosedici. Nikki has lost it.

I saw that Poser flatbill "Robby Vanwhitey" advertising his own show.

Crap. That means one of the other shows got cancelled, and some hack is back to work scabbing up some poor bastards house.

I geta chuckle sometimes, when the wife points out stupid engineering mistakes they make on the shows. "They'll be fixing that sheetrock next week". The rest of the time, like you, it's hell.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

to get on the the DIY network you must frist not have taken a shower in a month nor have shaved and have a holey then thow attitude..

the show that i don't like is home's homes he makes every guy doing side jobs seem like there out for you money and is going to do a half a$$ job..

watch the DIY channel while having meningitis and super high on Vicodin it like comedy central but stupid..
wow how did that may end up in my sig..

Last edited:
to get on the the DIY network you must frist not have taken a shower in a month nor have shaved and have a holey then thow attitude..

the show that i don't like is home's homes he makes every guy doing side jobs seem like there out for you money and is going to do a half a$$ job..

watch the DIY channel while having meningitis and super high on Vicodin it like comedy central but stupid..
wow how did that may end up in my sig..

You forgot two other qualifiers.

Gay as Gay can be, and really good with 3rd grade art projects.

I love how some of the Gal Decorators IMMEDIATELY go to slopping a Coat of paint all over a finely made and well finished bit of cabinetry, make a picture frame out of some junk and put some gawd awful home made Kitsch in it, step back, and then tell the homeowner the home value went up 20K, and curb appeal went up three fold.

I had the joy of watching one of the "Curb appeal" shows a couple weeks ago and about hurled lunch. The flaming idiot show host, had the homeowner painting over what appeared to be late 19th century chestnut millwork in an old house, and when completed, the jackass announces "What an improvement!!!" in a showtune gay sorta way.

It's torture. Screw waterboarding, next haji Terrorist we catch, bring 'em to my house and I'll make him watch DIY network untill he starts screaming for mercy.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Yea a lot of people thought they could flip houses in the hot market we just saw crash and figured they could polish a turd and sell it for a massive profit.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, and hopefully in this market the morons will find something else to do and those that actually do a good job should be quite busy.

I grew up helping my parents with rentals and remodeling the houses we lived in. Those shows are so far from the truth it isn't even funny. The vicodin comment is pretty good, I believe it. Both my dad and sister are real estate agents and I have done work for them so I have been around a few houses to say the least.

The truth of the matter is - most people just do not have what it takes to do interior design, you need to be an artist, someone that can imagine a finished product and be able to create it. Slapping paint on a wall (and I have seen that happen before) does not cut it. If you are gonna do the work yourself you need to put the time and effort into your work in order to be good at what you do. A lot of people in this generation think they are awesome at what they do when in fact they stink.

However DIY channel is always available in case the ipecac isn't around...

apparently some years back there was an episode on DIY where for a full hour they talked about wiring!!!
i guess a wife and her husband thought they could rewire there house
me and my partner got called out to that mess
the funnest part was after they where done "rewiring there house" they flipped the switch to turn the kitchen light on and blew the fuse on the pole:clap:
we where there for about four days ripping put every piece of wire out of that house and rewiring it and putting a new service on the side of there house

apparently some years back there was an episode on DIY where for a full hour they talked about wiring!!!
i guess a wife and her husband thought they could rewire there house
me and my partner got called out to that mess
the funnest part was after they where done "rewiring there house" they flipped the switch to turn the kitchen light on and blew the fuse on the pole:clap:
we where there for about four days ripping put every piece of wire out of that house and rewiring it and putting a new service on the side of there house

Oh that is priceless!

My parents got their farmhouse wired and paid the guy in whiskey. Worked pretty good for a long time too.

dingeryote, ant' you up kinda late?

Yep!!!

Been drinking Coffee all day fussing in the barn.
Too Jacked up to sleep and tomorrow is Sunday.. screw it.
Watchin' Zombie flicks and eyeballing the silliness here. LOL!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

LOL!!!

Worst thing I ever did was subscribe to dish TV and get off the Antennea 10 years ago. "This old house" with Norm and his crew on PBS was the only goofball renovation show on. REAL skilled tradesmen with LOTS of real good info and technique with realistic time lines on thier projects...Months.

I got the dish to watch Motorcycle racing on Speed.

I didn't realize 3,212 DIY goofball Gay decorator and hack renovation channels came with it.

They often revamp an entire Kitchen in 30min, and "Simple plumbing" projects take 5 Min.
Now my wife is hooked. Thankfully though, she is skilled in the Mechanical trades and a bit more realistic about things than some gals.

I feel sorry for some guys though.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

So you fella's get that crap too ?

Our free to air TV is saturated with it.

Latest posts

Back