Bonsai

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are a great way to teach climbers the finer points of shaping and developing aesthetically pleasing branch structure. More importantly, they can learn why it is essential to have a longer term plan of what you are trying to achieve. To many arb crews are caught up in achieving a good result in a single visit that they forget that trees will often still be around well after they retire. Managing something that lives for that long requires a lot of planning and the initial works may not be so pretty.
This is one instance where both sides will benefit. The arb company by developing consistent, long term work and the client by getting a tree they they can enjoy for ten, twenty even thirty years.

Those look great. Last spring I started on some bonsai projects with some small red cedars I dug up locally, as well as a Hinoki cypress and Japanese cedar I bought at garden center and pruned and repotted. So my stuffs almost a year old now and has a long way to go

Those trees are awesome, I'm embarrassed posting this. View attachment 976057
Everyone has to start somewhere. I'm surprised you've managed to keep one of those store bought ficus bonsai alive indoors.

IMG_2754[1].JPG
That little semi-cascade juniper has seen better days.

IMG_2758[1].JPG

IMG_2762[1].JPG

The two succulents might be pushing the boundaries of 'TREE in pot'.

IMG_2756[1].JPG

IMG_2757[1].JPG
The olive I cheated and bought it already formed (mainly for the original pot it came in). It is a long term hobby, best left to run itself, with minimal intervention.

Everyone has to start somewhere. I'm surprised you've managed to keep one of those store bought ficus bonsai alive indoors.

View attachment 977540
That little semi-cascade juniper has seen better days.

View attachment 977541

View attachment 977542

The two succulents might be pushing the boundaries of 'TREE in pot'.

View attachment 977543

View attachment 977544
The olive I cheated and bought it already formed (mainly for the original pot it came in). It is a long term hobby, best left to run itself, with minimal intervention.
Is the second pic from the bottom the olive? It sort of reminds me of pyracantha.

Here's an old Muscadine grapevine I removed from my vineyard and decided to attempt to make a Bonsai. Its been in a cutnhalf plastic pickle barrel for 3 yearsMuscadine bonsai.jpegMuscadine bonsai 2.jpeg

Back