boot liner good idea?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had those for awhile. they are good. you just have to have a boot big enough to fit them. i bought a set of the orange rubber boots with kevlar in them, and like the boots much more. however the kevlar liners are fine.
my suggestion, if you want to use them, go to walfart and buy a cheap pair of steel toe boots that are bigger than your feet to wear them in.

however, 40 for the liners plus 50 for a set of walmart boots equals what i paid for my purpose built boots.

hope this helps

I reckon they can't hurt, though between the coverage provided by your chaps and your steel toe boot, there isn't a lot of area not protected. Plus, you are much more statistically likely to damage arms or legs or your head.

I was thinking the liner since they should be able to survive more that one pair of boots. At least that's my assumption.

Regarding boots. What do you guys recommend? Do I need a steel toe? I was thinking of some timberlands.

Mike

I was thinking the liner since they should be able to survive more that one pair of boots. At least that's my assumption.

Regarding boots. What do you guys recommend? Do I need a steel toe? I was thinking of some timberlands.

Mike

Yes, steel toe. I've dropped enough crap on my feet and had black toenails for months that I won't work in logs without them. Even bucking up small 5" logs in the yard or running the splitter.

Pick something comfy with the correct tread for your terrain, and you'll be set. I've got hiking height Wolverines with mild tread for light work and full-height RedWing waterproof loggers with serious Vibram soles for rougher ground/mud/snow, and have been happy having both types to choose from.

w02261.psd.fpx
4416.jpg

Last edited:
Back