Bosch or NGK?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run NGK's in my Harleys...and Bosch in my Stihls.

Never a problem with either one...I'd rate 'em..."even steven"
:cheers:
J2F

Name brand plugs. Champion, Bosch, NGK, Denso, all good. The only name brand I don't like are Autolites. Torch and others have been bad plays in my book. I have found that it is very seldom that a plug goes bad nowadays. Far more likely for them to wear out and need to be replaced due to age/usage than to failure - unless the conditions are lean, engine is knocking, or other severe issues. I really haven't seen a spark plug fail under normal circumstances. Outside of that, it's hard to blame it on the plug.

Name brand plugs. Champion, Bosch, NGK, Denso, all good. The only name brand I don't like are Autolites. Torch and others have been bad plays in my book. I have found that it is very seldom that a plug goes bad nowadays. Far more likely for them to wear out and need to be replaced due to age/usage than to failure - unless the conditions are lean, engine is knocking, or other severe issues. I really haven't seen a spark plug fail under normal circumstances. Outside of that, it's hard to blame it on the plug.

I've had new Champion that didn't work, I've seen a couple bad Denso plugs as well.

I've had new Champion that didn't work, I've seen a couple bad Denso plugs as well.
My Advance Auto store doesn't even offer Champion plugs for sell via customer complaints..!!
I don't know about the whole chain..??

Back in my youth...Champion plugs were pretty much what everyone bought.

Same with Fram oil filters now...cheap crap...Purolator oil filters..much better..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
NGK in the Husqvarnas, Bosch in the Stihls.

I tried a Bosch in a Husqvarna once and it would not even start. Tried the same plug in a Stihl and it fired up in two pulls. Put an NGK in the Husqvarna, and it started in two pulls. Both plugs were new and gapped to .020". Anyone know an explanation for this???

Whatever came in the saw to start with.

I reckon the Army of Engineers and nerds at Stihl and Husky picked the ones they did, for a reason.

Seems to work. Never had a any plug issues that weren't my own fault.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Bosch/NGK is a coin flip here ... always shop eBay for best price and generally get them for <$1.25 each with shipping.

But I can get new Champions at the flea market for $1.

Back