Bought my husband an old Willys...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother still has a '47 CJ2-A that he bought about 1977, I had a '62 4x4 Willys wagon while in college. I could lift the 134 CID flathead 4 right out of the engine compartment.

Here are some more pics of the Willy's. First one is under the hood, 289 ford, check out that exhaust.

attachment.php

UGLY exhaust

attachment.php

attachment.php

Check out that overload leaf spring pack

attachment.php

Check out the wheels. They have farmer welded centers in. These are the same rims and tires that were on when I saw it when I was a young boy.

attachment.php

I like how the shocks are held on with cotter pins.

attachment.php

One of my favorite parts, check out the door knob on the passenger door.

attachment.php

A pic inside the cab

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thats all I got for now. I changed the engine oil and the lube in both front and rear differentials this weekend. I need to replace the waterpump soon, its leaking bad.

The Dauntless (Buick) 225 v6 didn't come out until about '69. We had one of those too. it had some early emission controls - air injection reaction. It failed early on and that thing would blow mufflers apart with the backfire, not to mention hearing loss.

Jeep started using the Buick 225 in 1965 in the CJ5 and the CJ6.

Later
Dan

Take them bias plys over to the firewood forum and sell them to Spidey. If he put them on his wifes mini van he could tow an aircraft carrier.

Cool Jeep. :clap:

Take them bias plys over to the firewood forum and sell them to Spidey. If he put them on his wifes mini van he could tow an aircraft carrier down a snowmobile trail.

Cool Jeep. :clap:

Fixed. And a neat looking piece of history.

good score guys. used to have an old L head overlander. totally rebuilt the engine (one of those someone removed the head and parked in the barn jobs). had to sell it for a much needed cash infusion. one of those - wish i hadn't - deals. good on yas.

Latest posts

Back