Bought the bullet!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a lot of friends with Benz's and Bimmers. The MB are reliable. The BMW's are not.

Not my experience at all - I've had two bimmers, both purchased with over 125k on them, and each had the lowest cost of ownership of all the cars I've owned. Parts cost is very close to honda if you do need anything. The engines are designed for 250k before overhaul. If they made a real truck, I'd still own one. Kiddo didn't fit well in the back of my e39 540i, but I loved that car.

Husqvarna? Must be a new Brand. They founded by the "Troll" in Norway? I think the OP should have waited the 2 days, Would have given him a lifetime of happiness. Tough to beat a ms460. Stay safe with the new saw.:chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw:

Thanks for correcting my grammar, I realized it what I did immediately after posting, but oh well!

Notes from the field: 3 gallons through the 576 runs great plenty of power, I just am having a hard time adapting to the lack of lugging power, cant really dig the dogs in and crowd the saw. You have got to let it eat. I think it is pretty much an even trade off though. I do like the choke/kill switch setup better on the Stihls. I inadvertently killed the saw once while trying to negotiate some pretty thick brush. I do really like the air filtration setup on this thing, it runs amazingly clean! Need to pick up a skip tooth for her and see what she has got then, Figured I would use up the stock chain first though.

Tom

I'm guessing you got the regular carbed one and not the autotune? The autotune has a way wider powerband and pulled right with a 046 with a 32" semi skip in a 28" oak log we tested them in. It was on it's 3rd tank when we did that.

I actually looked at our Dolmar dealer here too, but he said it would take him a week to get a 7900 in. Overall I am really happy with the 576, been putting it to the test cutting all the blowdown on this job. I haven't used it to buck with on the landing, that's what the old tried and true 361 is for! I cannot say enough about the cleanliness of the filtration system though, very little cleanup at the end of the day.

Tom

Back