BP blowers.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yungman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know this is arborist site but I thought I ask if anyone have opinion.. I am going to get a BP in the next week or two latest. I am down to

1) Maruyama BL8100/Kawi KBR750.
2) Solo 471KAT ultra quiet 53cc.
3) If I can hear more, Makita/Robin/Dolmar 75cc 4 cycle BP blower.

I ruled out Echo PB755, Redmax 8001 because they are too loud. Also Echo is very high pitch sound which is even more annoying.

You think Stihl BR380, Echo PB610 are strong enough for leafs on lawn and quiet enough?

I don't want Stihl 4Mix or Shindaiwa C4.

I can't get Shindaiwa EB802 nor EB603 in Calif.

Thanks

I'm buying a Dolmar 7600.4 4 stroke for myself, should have it next week, I'll report back. I have massive amounts of leaves to move, and I want to use it for snow removal this winter as well. 205mph, 763CFM, 23lbs...supposed to be really nice!

The BR380 is plenty strong, but I prefer the BR600 4-mix - quieter (not just the "db" numbers, but more in the preceived "tone") and more power.

Personally I would go with the tried and true Echo or Stihl or because it's easy to get filters and replacement parts for them. Kawasaki would be my third choice because they are extremely reliable. I don't like the Redmax 8001it just feels too heavy and bulky even though it's close in weight to the others.

The Stihl 4 mix is very quiet compared to the older 320/420 blowers. It's also a lot smoother. Just curious, why dont you want 4-mix or C4?

Who really cares how it sounds, if your wearing the proper PPE you won't really hear that much of the engine anyway.

On a final note, Echo has the best locking pipes. I've found myself needing to tape Stihl and Shindaiwa pipes after a season because they come lose and flop around.

Last edited:
The BR600 seems pretty quite to me for such a massive amount of power but the BR500 was built just for lower DBs. The 600 is 75dB and the 500 is 65dB. Compare them on the Stihl site. I would go with the 600 and just blow any mouthly neighbors away.....

I have the Kawasaki KRB750b and all I can say is....... IT BLOWS. :D

Great machine, Starts third pull every time when cold, even after sitting for a couple weeks, and only a half pull when warm. Has a nice lower tone that doesn't send dogs running to the next county with plenty of air for even big leaf jobs, I could blow the gravel out of my driveway if I wanted to (and sometimes when I don't :laugh:). I run mine half throttle or less most of the time, which also helps cut down on the noise. About the only bad thing I can say about the Kawi is it is thirsty, I haven't been able to compare the fuel consumption against other equipment so it may just be the nature of the beast, but I would say it probably uses more fuel at the end of the day than some of the others.

I bought the BP after getting the Kawi KGT27a trimmer.... another great machine, I can balance the thing on one finger and has power to spare even in three foot tall grass. If you need a trimmer I'd highly recommend it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's so light my three year old daughter can hold it. :laugh:
attachment.php

I'm a Stihl man at heart but I'm not blind, I go for quality equipment regardless of brand and I will call'em like I see'em.

I don't think anybody makes an equal to the KGT27 trimmer and I think the Kawi KBR750 BP is as good or better than anything out there....... However, after being so impressed with the first two pieces of Kawi equipment, I also bought the KRH300a hand held blower to compliment the others, biggest piece of shat I've bought in quite a while. Less than two hours use on it and I had to put a new pull rope in it when the old one cut through the plastic lip Kawasaki saw fit to put around the brass grommet and cut the rope in half. I cut the plastic away and it is fine now but not something I should have to do on a brand new machine. The thing is a strat and cat combo and it takes for ever (like 2-3 real min.) to warm up before it will take any throttle. It has the funky two barrel rotary carb on it and any adjustment is more or less out of the question (just the way the EPA likes it). I don't mean to give the impression that it is not a quality piece, it is a well built machine (except for the plastic lip), I just don't think Kawi has the strat and cat EPA pleasers figured out yet. I'd recommend staying away from any of their strat equipment until they get it figured out.

Anyway just my long winded reply to an easy question...... what was the question again??? :laugh:.

Hope this helps. :cheers:

Just curious about noise level. I wear headphones so I dont mind if a machine is loud. I also dont have neighbors close by either. :cheers:

Just curious about noise level. I wear headphones so I dont mind if a machine is loud. I also dont have neighbors close by either. :cheers:

IIRC youngman runs a lawn business out in The Peoples Republic of Kollyfornia, where everybody complains about anything their not doing themselves, and simply living is an offence against humanity, so noise levels are a big deal for him.

IIRC youngman runs a lawn business out in The Peoples Republic of Kollyfornia, where everybody complains about anything their not doing themselves, and simply living is an offence against humanity, so noise levels are a big deal for him.

Thats good. I kind of though that but was being polite. Guess I will quote a coworker and say "F em in the A" if they dont like the noise. It aint like your blowin leaves 24/7 at their house. Man people are crazy.:confused:

Last edited:
I have the Kawasaki KRB750b and all I can say is....... IT BLOWS.

Great machine, Starts third pull every time when cold, even after sitting for a couple weeks, and only a half pull when warm. Has a nice lower tone that doesn't send dogs running to the next county with plenty of air for even big leaf jobs, I could blow the gravel out of my driveway if I wanted to (and sometimes when I don't ). I run mine half throttle or less most of the time, which also helps cut down on the noise. About the only bad thing I can say about the Kawi is it is thirsty, I haven't been able to compare the fuel consumption against other equipment so it may just be the nature of the beast, but I would say it probably uses more fuel at the end of the day than some of the others.

I bought the BP after getting the Kawi KGT27a trimmer.... another great machine, I can balance the thing on one finger and has power to spare even in three foot tall grass. If you need a trimmer I'd highly recommend it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's so light my three year old daughter can hold it. :laugh:
attachment.php

I'm a Stihl man at heart but I'm not blind, I go for quality equipment regardless of brand and I will call'em like I see'em.

I don't think anybody makes an equal to the KGT27 trimmer and I think the Kawi KBR750 BP is as good or better than anything out there....... However, after being so impressed with the first two pieces of Kawi equipment, I also bought the KRH300a hand held blower to compliment the others, biggest piece of shat I've bought in quite a while. Less than two hours use on it and I had to put a new pull rope in it when the old one cut through the plastic lip Kawasaki saw fit to put around the brass grommet and cut the rope in half. I cut the plastic away and it is fine now but not something I should have to do on a brand new machine. The thing is a strat and cat combo and it takes for ever (like 2-3 real min.) to warm up before it will take any throttle. It has the funky two barrel rotary carb on it and any adjustment is more or less out of the question (just the way the EPA likes it). I don't mean to give the impression that it is not a quality piece, it is a well built machine (except for the plastic lip), I just don't think Kawi has the strat and cat EPA pleasers figured out yet. I'd recommend staying away from any of their strat equipment until they get it figured out.

Anyway just my long winded reply to an easy question...... what was the question again??? :laugh:.

Hope this helps. :cheers:

Thanks for your detail info. The lower tone is one of the reason I choose Maruyama/Kawi KBR750 over Echo. Echo tend to have a screaming tone. My dealer selling the Maruyama BL8100 for $389!!!

When I was buying a short reach hedge trimmer, I was looking into Kawasaki. I looked at the IPL, the engine is different from KGT27A, the new engine looked like having more opening on the side which told me that it has some kind of strato type of thing going. I think they are selling KGT27B now instead of yours which suck!!! I end up buy the Shindaiwa M242 with hedge attachment instead. :cheers: :cheers:

Yes I am living in "People's Republic of Kalifornia".

Yungman agonizes every purchase.... :spam:

You still remember me!!!

I bought an broken FS55 engine since you told me the Homescaper engine are just as good. It really looked good. Looked well design, full crank, 4 bolt cylinder, 2 ring, looked every bit as good as the expensive commercial engines. I like the fact the crankcase is not formed by 2 half and at the same time, you can still pull the cylinder without taking the whole thing apart and the design can easily adapted to model aeroplane. If my Mantis break one day, I would seriously consider the YardBoss. It got much better attachments than Mantis.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

If you want REALLY low noise, look at the BR500. It's made for markets that mandate a max noise level. You give up some power though...

I have an old Toro BP blower form the 80's, I dunno what model, its about 40cc's and it's LOUD! Blows good though.

Back