BP blowers.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mantis rocks. It probably won't break.

I love that Mantis, but believe it or not, I have to change the transmission once already. It jammed!!! I open it up and found no greace in it!!! I bought direct from Mantis and they are very good on warrante. They send me a new transmission in 5 days and arrange to pick the old one up 2 days after. Everything free. No question asked!! The new one have greece.

I want the brush sweeper of the YardBoss though, My back porch are all bricks, moss grow on it and I have been using either pressure washer or even my string trimmer to scrape it, I can sure use the YardBoss brush on it.

Those little cultivator are so useful. It dethatch so nice but nobody ever talk about this. I might convince my wife I need a YardBoss too!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

BTW, I remember you were using short reach hedge trimmer in place of a regular hedge trimmer. I bought the Shindaiwa M242 with short reach articulate hedge attachment. I love it. I use it in place of the Echo HC151.

Last edited:
Owner's manual says to check grease yearly.

Only 4 months old!!! They forgot to put grease in!!! I reported it to Mantis. I would buy direct from Mantis any time. That got to be the best experience. I tell you, it got to be the most useful tool I have. I thought I am going to use it for dethatching only, end up I use it all the time. Digging holes for planting, weeding and all. I have so much fun with that, only thing I miss is the power brush that YardBoss has. I have to talk my wife into leting me buy one in the future!!!

Redmax 8001. I also have a BR 600 and its good, very well engineered and about the same power, but the thing sounds like crap. To the point it gets annoying.
I should add that I had issues with the BR600 when using 50:1 boat gas in it. The 8000 digested boat gas just fine.
And before some one starts bichin about boat gas. When your in the a remote location everything gets run on boat gas. Including four strokes atvs, trucks, etc..

I know this is arborist site but I thought I ask if anyone have opinion.. I am going to get a BP in the next week or two latest. I am down to

1) Maruyama BL8100/Kawi KBR750.
2) Solo 471KAT ultra quiet 53cc.
3) If I can hear more, Makita/Robin/Dolmar 75cc 4 cycle BP blower.

I ruled out Echo PB755, Redmax 8001 because they are too loud. Also Echo is very high pitch sound which is even more annoying.

You think Stihl BR380, Echo PB610 are strong enough for leafs on lawn and quiet enough?

I don't want Stihl 4Mix or Shindaiwa C4.

I can't get Shindaiwa EB802 nor EB603 in Calif.

Thanks

Go back to Lawnsite where you have been asking this question for two years oit seems. If you haven't bought the blower yet you probably never will.

Redmax 8001. I also have a BR 600 and its good, very well engineered and about the same power, but the thing sounds like crap. To the point it gets annoying.
I should add that I had issues with the BR600 when using 50:1 boat gas in it. The 8000 digested boat gas just fine.
And before some one starts bichin about boat gas. When your in the a remote location everything gets run on boat gas. Including four strokes atvs, trucks, etc..

Do you mean Boat oil mix.

When I say sounds like crap I am talking about the lower pitched exhaust note. I dont care for the sound.
The main reason I like the 8000 better is the fact that it seems less picky in regards to what type of oil and fuel it digests.
Dont get me wrong the Stihl is a nice unit. I just wish it had a strat engine in it.

As for weight differance. I havent noticed much differance in this regard. If you use them all day both will make you tired.

I bought it!!!

I have the Kawasaki KRB750b and all I can say is....... IT BLOWS. :D

Great machine, Starts third pull every time when cold, even after sitting for a couple weeks, and only a half pull when warm. Has a nice lower tone that doesn't send dogs running to the next county with plenty of air for even big leaf jobs, I could blow the gravel out of my driveway if I wanted to (and sometimes when I don't :laugh:). I run mine half throttle or less most of the time, which also helps cut down on the noise. About the only bad thing I can say about the Kawi is it is thirsty, I haven't been able to compare the fuel consumption against other equipment so it may just be the nature of the beast, but I would say it probably uses more fuel at the end of the day than some of the others.

I bought the BP after getting the Kawi KGT27a trimmer.... another great machine, I can balance the thing on one finger and has power to spare even in three foot tall grass. If you need a trimmer I'd highly recommend it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's so light my three year old daughter can hold it. :laugh:
attachment.php

I'm a Stihl man at heart but I'm not blind, I go for quality equipment regardless of brand and I will call'em like I see'em.

I don't think anybody makes an equal to the KGT27 trimmer and I think the Kawi KBR750 BP is as good or better than anything out there....... However, after being so impressed with the first two pieces of Kawi equipment, I also bought the KRH300a hand held blower to compliment the others, biggest piece of shat I've bought in quite a while. Less than two hours use on it and I had to put a new pull rope in it when the old one cut through the plastic lip Kawasaki saw fit to put around the brass grommet and cut the rope in half. I cut the plastic away and it is fine now but not something I should have to do on a brand new machine. The thing is a strat and cat combo and it takes for ever (like 2-3 real min.) to warm up before it will take any throttle. It has the funky two barrel rotary carb on it and any adjustment is more or less out of the question (just the way the EPA likes it). I don't mean to give the impression that it is not a quality piece, it is a well built machine (except for the plastic lip), I just don't think Kawi has the strat and cat EPA pleasers figured out yet. I'd recommend staying away from any of their strat equipment until they get it figured out.

Anyway just my long winded reply to an easy question...... what was the question again??? :laugh:.

Hope this helps. :cheers:

Bought my Maruyama BL8100 bp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did it!!! Bought the Maruyama BL8100 which is the same as Kawi KRB750 today!! $389 plus tax. 64.7cc 720cfm and 200mph at the tube. I did a lot of research. The Kawasaki engine use in the blower is the TK65 engine which is used in a lot of other bp like Kawasaki KRB750, JD BP65LE and some brand in UK. So I think the engine should be good enough. I have 5 years warrante also.

Did the blowing, clean my yard. I have to say my Shindaiwa EB3410 34cc C4 hand held is not exactly a dog. It still hold it's own ground. Yes the new blower is stronger, but not exactly blow the Shindy out of the water. It is sure a lot more comfortable for an hour of continuous blowing. Usually get so tired with the hand held.

Thanks for your info.

Glad ya got one and hope it is all you wanted.

I hope so. I went back and fore for a long time!!! So far I am happy. Might not be a big time blower like what you guys use to like the RM8001 or Stihl BR600 etc. But I don't have a whole forest worth of leaves either. It is light and have a low tone. Hopefully it would be comparable to RM EBZ7001 or Echo PB755, then I'll be happy camper. Hopefully it will last a long time.

Rules out the BR500? That's a 65db blower.

Same engine as the BR600... Spins at 5500 rpm, instead of 7200.... Lower output, but should last forever.

Last edited:

Same engine as the BR600... Spins at 5500 rpm, instead of 7200.... Lower output, but shoild last forever.

BR500 meets the standards in Cal. Remember who it was that posted.:)

Same engine as the BR600... Spins at 5500 rpm, instead of 7200.... Lower output, but shoild last forever.

But the cfm is much lower. About 470cfm instead of the usual over 600cfm for all the big boys.

If you talk power, the Solo 471KAT is the strongest 65dB. But nobody use it, no track record to rely on.

Back