Br 420 carb help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich86

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi
I have a br 420 That i just rebuilt with all new oem everything including new fuel tank hoses etc new oem coil and new oem carb. The engine was air and vac tested before reassembly. The new carb would not fire until I removed the red caps. I could only get the blower to run at 1 3/4 high 2 3/4 on the low side at first gas was coming out of the muffler then once I played with a little more it stopped coming out. I am wondering if these adjustments are acceptable or it will seize from it being out of adjustment. Any help will be appreciated thanks

That carb usually is 1 & 1 on settings from what I remember.
there is two different modules for it but not sure if it matters as only 1 crank and flywheel.
somethings not right, try old module and or old carb?

That carb usually is 1 & 1 on settings from what I remember.
there is two different modules for it but not sure if it matters as only 1 crank and flywheel.
somethings not right, try old module and or old carb?

My old coil had no spark and the the old carb would not fire at 1 turn out on high and 1 on low

Might have a air leak, have to do a pressure vac test on it

Hi
I have a br 420 That i just rebuilt with all new oem everything including new fuel tank hoses etc new oem coil and new oem carb. The engine was air and vac tested before reassembly. The new carb would not fire until I removed the red caps. I could only get the blower to run at 1 3/4 high 2 3/4 on the low side at first gas was coming out of the muffler then once I played with a little more it stopped coming out. I am wondering if these adjustments are acceptable or it will seize from it being out of adjustment. Any help will be appreciated thanks
BR420 carb settings

Attachments

• 2019 Technical Reference guide-pages-43-rotated.pdf
    76.6 KB · Views: 9
As mentioned earlier 1H and 1L should get you started and is a good baseline fine adjust from there. Of all the Stihl stuff I've owned by far the most frustrating as a BR420. Mine always started hard after sitting I suspect because the carb was much higher than the tank fuel would drain back down even after carb rebuilding and replacement thereafer.

Hope you get it figured out.

As mentioned earlier 1H and 1L should get you started and is a good baseline fine adjust from there. Of all the Stihl stuff I've owned by far the most frustrating as a BR420. Mine always started hard after sitting I suspect because the carb was much higher than the tank fuel would drain back down even after carb rebuilding and replacement thereafer.

Hope you get it figured out.
Thank you

Latest posts

Back