Brad Snelling and the MS180?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmethodrose

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm sure a while ago I saw a thread about mods on a MS180 done by Brad Snelling, but I can't find it anywhere, have tried all the searches I can think of.

Anyone able to provide a link to this please?

cheers,
Joe

Do you remember this picture?

370412422_Qcreq-M.jpg

This happened when I used a plastic piston stop on my MS180 and tried to remove the flywheel nut. So I swore that I'd never use a piston stop again and would always use rope in the cylinder.

Tonight my Dad brought his MS180 over. A different saw than before. It wasn't hardly oiling at all. I wanted to look at the drive spring behind the clutch. So I put rope in the cylinder and used a scrench to turn the clutch. Here is the result.

420107892_DaNK4-M-0.jpg

Needless to say, I'm not too impressed at this point. Am I doing something wrong here? In the future on these little saws, I think I'll use an impact to take the flywheel nut off. Then after the flywheel's remove, I'll use the impact to remove the clutch and just let the piston turn over. Obviously the piston and cylinder are both too weak to take the torque required for disassembly. You have to take the flywheel off before the clutch or you'll take the weak little keyway out of the flywheel. Yes, that happen on my saw as well. Give me a pro saw already! If this thing just wasn't so light.

If I'm using poor technique, point it out. I'm tired of this.

Almost forgot. The oiler is still broke. I've never messed with the oiler on one of these. What do I look for?

Anyone got a MS180/018 crankshaft? 170 will not work.

thanks a lot, do you know what the thread is called or have a link please? I'm looking for info on the carb setup...

cheers,
Joe

ah my apologies, I must have missed that fight! I didn't think this would be the sort of thread that winds people up the wrong way, if that is likely please can a mod delete it before things get out of hand?

I know someone who wants to port a 180 but has some questions about the fixed carb, hence my reason for trying to find the thread to see if anything was mentioned on there!

ah my apologies, I must have missed that fight! I didn't think this would be the sort of thread that winds people up the wrong way, if that is likely please can a mod delete it before things get out of hand?

I know someone who wants to port a 180 but has some questions about the fixed carb, hence my reason for trying to find the thread to see if anything was mentioned on there!

I get ornery sometimes...;)

Try this:
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/74899.htm

If I remember right, a carb. off a 026 is a direct bolt on.
I didn't know that this was a sore spot either, so I apologize for any :potstir: ing that I may have done on this subjuect.

"Anyone got a MS180/018 crankshaft? 170 will not work".

I do realize that these are cheaply made saws but they are cheap to purchase also.
I also would like to know the interchange on these.
If I remember right I had to tear down to the bare chassie to clean out the small oil passage in the case to make my oiler work.
180, 210 top on a 170?

Latest posts

Back