Pro Pulse saws -who makes these? Tensioner issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmhard

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi All,
A friend dropped one of these off to look at and he has a tensioner that stripped. I can tighten the bar old school but he won't be able to figure it out. Are parts available anywhere? It looks like Rona sold these in Quebec, nothing is coming up on a google search. It seems to start and run nice. Unfortunately people keep buying this crap and then finding me.

Attachments

• IMG_20230912_102234.jpg
    IMG_20230912_102234.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230912_102242.jpg
    IMG_20230912_102242.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 1
That saw is sold under multiple brands and flavor like the Black Max at Walmart and Ryobi @ Home Depot and the Craftsman @ Lowes ETC.... I believe Panier builds these in china for different stores and manufacturers.
You can search under
Ryobi RY10532
Black Max BM3818
Craftsman CMXGSAMNN4214

That saw is sold under multiple brands and flavor like the Black Max at Walmart and Ryobi @ Home Depot and the Craftsman @ Lowes ETC.... I believe Panier builds these in china for different stores and manufacturers.
You can search under
Ryobi RY10532
Black Max BM3818
Craftsman CMXGSAMNN4214
Thanks! I have one on the way. It crosses into 308767001 which is a Homelite number as well, they show it as being discontinued already. It's depressing to troubleshoot this stuff anymore to find parts are NLA.

Thanks! I have one on the way. It crosses into 308767001 which is a Homelite number as well, they show it as being discontinued already. It's depressing to troubleshoot this stuff anymore to find parts are NLA.
Yeah i run into that alot with stuff. These saws are good runners afting modding the muffler i find them to be overly restrictive.

I was hoping I could find the parts on a Homelite but all my newer ones have the big ratchet knob and dead pistons.....and all my old ones have big blue coils......

the briefly famous earthquake saws of that size were also clones of the redmax/zenoah saws
parts were available very inexpensively from a site called ardisam.com at least they were back in 2015

Than
the briefly famous earthquake saws of that size were also clones of the redmax/zenoah saws
parts were available very inexpensively from a site called ardisam.com at least they were back in 2015
Thanks for the info. Parts are getting difficult to get here for anything. A few summers back I couldn't get a timing chain for a 5.0 Ford. Under 8 years nobody has it and over 8 years it's too old.....

do a search on ryobi 10532 or redmax gz400
they were a hot item about 12 years ago, along with numerous clones - earthquake, mccullough, craftsman and many more
good cutting little hotrod saw, but the strato was kind of finicky - either ran like a banshee or bogged when you punched it, depending on whether the strato and carb adjustment were in sync.

I bought the part already but then found a Homelite 3416 in my shop with a dead piston. I guess I jumped the gun a bit

well now you have some leads for future parts hunting, I guess

The original redmax saw everyone copied used a zenoah engine built in Japan, which was considered a high quality motor, plus it only weighed about 9 pounds and cut really well for a small saw.

A new cover assembly is only $25 and gets to you way quicker than just the tensioner.

Genuine Ryobi 311466001 Clutch Cover/Chain Brake for Chainsaw Models RY3714 and RY3716 https://a.co/d/2GBEZvL
Thanks, that cover is $51 on the link here. I'm going to take apart my Homelite and get the clone going instead of waiting for the mail.

well now you have some leads for future parts hunting, I guess

The original redmax saw everyone copied used a zenoah engine built in Japan, which was considered a high quality motor, plus it only weighed about 9 pounds and cut really well for a small saw.
Red max is made by zenoah, just an American brand. Bought by husqy for their stratto tech.
There were also many licensed reproductions ryobi, and sears come to mind immediately. It was hit amd miss if they had a Chinese made engine or a Japanese made engine. The gz400 vs the gz4000 was a good example of this. The 400 was a Chinese made engine (still very high quality, and a licensed copy of the engine.) The gz4000 had the Japanese made engine in it. Depending on the batch of other licensed saws you could get either engine.

We will find out today at 3 PM EST time if this saw caused a fatality or just a divorce.
On the tensioner issue I was possibly scammed online -I'm not sure if it is appropriate to post the site. It was a Canadian website with another US company listed as payee that sounded sort of normal but the Paypal payment went to something sounding sort of not North American. No invoice, no tracking and all emails bounced back. Paypal issued INSTANT refund.
Thankyou to all the members that sent info. Homelite saws weren't on my radar as I had a dumpster full with the ratchet style tensioners -the HD 14-18" UT10480 or something.....from 10 years back
I pulled the tensioner off a Homelite and was curious as to why the saw was tough to run sort of like bad piston would start cold under the right circumstances every 3rd Thursday before lunch. I went to pull the muff off and my tools are in one of the cars I drove last week.....went after the carb not thinking to loosen the cap or empty fuel. For whatever reason it seems to want to piss gas out the fuel line whenever the cap is on it siphons. I held my finger over the line, loosened cap, etc but it kept pissing ALL OVER MY KITCHEN. Even after I put the gas cap back on it EMPTY it still pissed out the lines. Primer was off, and the carb was removed. I actually think the gas shot about 20" when the line came loose!

Back