Brand Pronounciations???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bootboy

bootboy

Addicted to ArboristSite
I heard a local saw shop owner say "jones red" as in, the name Jones, and the color red. I raised an eyebrow. Wtf...

Sheen-DIE-wah

Ree-OH-bee
Or
Rye-OH-bee?

CTYank

CTYank

Peripatetic Sawyer
Nobody's yet commented on the pronUNCIAtion of the title of the thread:
pro-nun-see-eh-shun. That ought to do it.

Phil_C

Phil_C

ArboristSite Operative
Stihl = Still

Here in Australia Stihl is pronounced Still. Stihl use the pronunciation regularly in their promotions such as "Stihl(still) working" and "Stihl(still) number one world wide". I noticed that both the Stihl USA and Stihl China sites use the "Steel" pronunciation. Perhaps someone from Germany can tell us how it is pronounced in the country of origin.

Regards

Phil

Johny Utah

Johny Utah

ArboristSite Guru
In the dairy barn pulling tits for a living
Here in Australia Stihl is pronounced Still. Stihl use the pronunciation regularly in their promotions such as "Stihl(still) working" and "Stihl(still) number one world wide". I noticed that both the Stihl USA and Stihl China sites use the "Steel" pronunciation. Perhaps someone from Germany can tell us how it is pronounced in the country of origin.

Regards

Phil

Steel is the proper German pronunciation.

Chris J.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
Stihl = steel.

Husqvarna = hus kuh varnuh, or husk uh var nuh (maybe husk varna is correct?).

Poulan = pole lawn, often mispronounced as poo lawn (the 'w' is for a Texas drawl ;)).

McCulloch = muck cull uck (in Scotland they pronounce it as one syllable :rock:).

KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree

Terraphobic
You guys need to speak proper English like the rest of this country. You guys have been hanging around Quebec to much.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Proper English?,in this Country ? Geesh half the people in this Country weren't even born here ! Sure seems like half anyway. Regards; in the minority now !

The other day people on the street were asked "if there were too many immigrants in America?"

11% said yes
9% said no
80% said i don't understand the question please

superwd6

superwd6

ArboristSite Operative
Stihl is still because I'm still waiting for them to build a unit I want. All my Still buddies tell me how superior they are but they ALL own a log splitter and say "splitting is to hard on the saw":confused::msp_wink: