Break in fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChevyXP

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What fuel would be good to run durning break in and should i put a little bit more oil in the gas for break in?

what type of engine are you "breaking in"?....... most engines dont require a break in fuel mix..... but if you want you can use marvel mystery oil in the first tank full.....that be fine. mix it right-- the ratios are right on the container....you should add it to your oil at every oil change too. this stuff works great. it'll keep that engine clean inside... and it will work better longer without that sludge and crap building up....

is a new ms460. i was just wonder if i should mix the first tank with a little more oil

8 years ago I bought a new MS440 I have ran 91 octane and Stihl dino @ 50:1. Pulled a comp check the other day it still blows 150 psi. I have no idea how many cords or hours but it has been used.

No need for "special break in fuel' Just tone rich on the H jet say 13500 factory recommendation tune to 12500 or so for the first few tanks and run it.

I agree with brad. If you keep with the same fuel and same oil all the time you remove some parts of trouble shooting and forseen issues. You can pick up on little things quicker is you dont add new things to the list.
But to each his own.

Back