Bring back the old version

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You pretty much nailed it, I gave my opinion, like it or lump it. Furthermore, I don't give a rat's a** if he has been here longer than Christ was a cowboy, he has no right to "demand" that it be changed back. It is Darin's site, his is the only opinion that counts, and he can change the format every day of the week if he wants. The sooner that these "elderly" users get that, the better, it's Darin that runs the place, not them!

Well you should give a rats ass cause with out guys like him this site is useless. The guys like him have the knowledge that run this place and help keep people here.

As for Darin I know its his site and ultimately he can do whatever he wants but to him this is business. I'm pretty sure if you asked him he would tell ya that everyones opinion counts. If he didn't listen to the people they would stop coming in ultimately he would lose money and the site/business would be no more. I'm pretty sure Darin would like to keep as many of the "Elderly" users here as he can....Especially Guys like Bill G. We could certainty use some "cleaning" of some low post count members around here though...

Well you should give a rats ass cause with out guys like him this site is useless. The guys like him have the knowledge that run this place and help keep people here.

As for Darin I know its his site and ultimately he can do whatever he wants but to him this is business. I'm pretty sure if you asked him he would tell ya that everyones opinion counts. If he didn't listen to the people they would stop coming in ultimately he would lose money and the site/business would be no more. I'm pretty sure Darin would like to keep as many of the "Elderly" users here as he can....Especially Guys like Bill G. We could certainty use some "cleaning" of some low post count members around here though...

I agree. I remember when Lakeside was on here. I got some advice from him. The low count posters needs to go.

Guess that would be Darin's call wouldn't it. Think I've done something wrong, then yank his chain, not mine...

And again, the site is looking better :cheers:

I agree the site is starting to look better. I talked to darrin a little about it in the support forum and he is gonna continue working on it this coming week. I think we jumpedthe gun a little but he is doing a fine job fixing it up for us.

As for low count members maybe I outta revise that. Not all low count members are bad and we all gotta start somewhere. But when your hounding the godfather of homelites that's been here since creation and you have a 200 post count with nothing to contribute that pisses me off. You gotta understand w/o them this is a wasted space.

I'll admit I post some bs stuff sometimes but it's all in good fun. I'm going on 3000 posts now and hope I have contributed something. I know I have some sweet saws and really enjoy everyone here and the hobby. I have learned alot to and w/o guys like bill g I wouldn't be where I am.

The new version is looking good to me. As soon as the search function gets ironed out, I will be a happy guy. The archived posts are really a gold mine of info and are the main thing that I tend to read here.

I really didn't notice alot of speed difference, especially when I'm clicking in and out of Youtube. :laugh: This is a good site what ever happens!

HAPPY NEW YEAR UALL

:chainsawguy:

Yup, to the point that he is uber-stressed and taking the weekend off, and defintly doing his best to address the problems as quickly as possible, too bad that users (Bill G. included) don't have enough sense to figure that out.

And it pisses me off when someone, Godfather, or not makes demands to bring the old forum back, in caps no less, which is akin to shouting.

Now I really don't care if you don't think I'm contributing or not, but I certainly do learn from the site and it's members, who are very knowledgable. However, 3 posts, or 3,000,000 does not give anyone the right to dictate to Darin on what to do, or not do.

I agree the site is starting to look better. I talked to darrin a little about it in the support forum and he is gonna continue working on it this coming week. I think we jumpedthe gun a little but he is doing a fine job fixing it up for us.

As for low count members maybe I outta revise that. Not all low count members are bad and we all gotta start somewhere. But when your hounding the godfather of homelites that's been here since creation and you have a 200 post count with nothing to contribute that pisses me off. You gotta understand w/o them this is a wasted space.

I'll admit I post some bs stuff sometimes but it's all in good fun. I'm going on 3000 posts now and hope I have contributed something. I know I have some sweet saws and really enjoy everyone here and the hobby. I have learned alot to and w/o guys like bill g I wouldn't be where I am.

I like the way the forum looks now. I only had about 2 weeks of visiting under the old format. Only issue I have now is when I'm on the go and browsing from my phone. The site sponsor ads seem to really slow the loading time for the page. They help pay for the site so I can't really complain.

Really, mine is much faster, except in replies, haven't noticed a difference there. Might be a misconception on my part though, just upgraded from 15m cable to 30m, so everything appears much faster.

Happy New Year back at ya...

I really didn't notice alot of speed difference, especially when I'm clicking in and out of Youtube. :laugh: This is a good site what ever happens!

HAPPY NEW YEAR UALL

:chainsawguy:

Yup, to the point that he is uber-stressed and taking the weekend off, and defintly doing his best to address the problems as quickly as possible, too bad that users (Bill G. included) don't have enough sense to figure that out.

And it pisses me off when someone, Godfather, or not makes demands to bring the old forum back, in caps no less, which is akin to shouting.

Now I really don't care if you don't think I'm contributing or not, but I certainly do learn from the site and it's members, who are very knowledgable. However, 3 posts, or 3,000,000 does not give anyone the right to dictate to Darin on what to do, or not do.

Darrin is gonna be "Uber-Stressed" regardless the grumbling on the site. Upgrading the site and servers is no small task. I'm sure he does this partially for fun as something he enjoys but more to be a business to support his family. Anytime money is involved things are stressful. I'm sure he could do w/o some of the grumblings but that's part of the game and im sure he knows how to block out the bs.

If you know Bill then you will know he was just Venting his anger like everyone else on this site was doing at the time. Thats just the way Bill comes off...Take it or leave it. Even if he wants to Dictate about the site let him cause its the members that make the site. If there are no members then Darrin just has am empty site and a waste of money. I'm sure Darrin will see it for what its worth and all the other grumblings to. W/o the #####ing he wouldn't be able to monitor whats going on and make the appropriate adjustments to the site. Maybe the grumblings should have been conducted in a better more constructive manner but that's life sometimes.

What do you care if he was making "demands" anyways??? it's not like own any part of this forum and you are not even a sponsor. I'm not either but I would like to be a sponsor if he puts that threw.

We just don't need any more great knowledgeable members pushed away.

Latest posts

Back