Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any full of egg weights??
No...that is hilarious though! We caught a 29.5" female that was unfortunately hooked in the gills so we kept it. She had a 6" white perch in her stomach. They definitely have their feed bags on now. I've never experienced walleye fishing like that before. It was an awesome experience.

The grind....View attachment 1175732Rebuilding the calipers, replacing rotor rings and pads. Fun stuff.
I’m doing an upgrade on my 72 IMG_8361.jpegI did find the problem with the hard peddle the slide pins were frozen in the caliper . So effectively it was just the inner pad pushing on the rotor. Before I dismantled it I got new hardware and the sure enough the caliper now slides freely . I’m going to use these on the 68 when I convert to front disc brake

This is the little bastard IMG_8362.jpeg

Keep the fotos coming. Now that the door is hung it is easy to see how heavy duty it is. I will hence forth be referring to your new shop as "The Vault"
Lol, yeah, I can't pick the door up by myself. Had to hang it with the kubota and a floor jack. I don't care for that push button lock on it. Every time you want in, you need to push the combination in and there's no bypass key for it. I'd replace it, but it's a $600.00 lock and I don't have that kind of spare cash laying around to replace a minor inconvenience. Nice thing, the self closer thing functions properly, so I won't have to worry about the kids letting the door hang open.

I’m doing an upgrade on my 72 View attachment 1175758
I did that upgrade on my "82", switching the rears to disc brakes not all that long after I bought it NEW in 1982,

Resized-20240508-170741-S.jpg

Came up with my own "adapters" to put them on the upgraded "full floating" `14 bolt rearend, using off the shelf Chevy rotors and calipers,

Resized-20240508-170751-S.jpg

HUGE improvement when doing extended off road trips through mud and water.

SR

I did have a small incident. A drop bear heard me talking about @H-Ranch with an American accent and made an attack, thinking I was a foreigner. I was lucky and was able to chase him off with the X27, sustaining only a minor flesh wound.

View attachment 1175612

Be safe out there fellers.
Are you covering for an injury caused by improper chain tension?????!!!!!! Lolol

I did that upgrade on my "82", switching the rears to disc brakes not all that long after I bought it NEW in 1982,

Resized-20240508-170741-S.jpg

Came up with my own "adapters" to put them on the upgraded "full floating" `14 bolt rearend, using off the shelf Chevy rotors and calipers,

Resized-20240508-170751-S.jpg

HUGE improvement when doing extended off road trips through mud and water.

SR
I’m looking at converting the rears on 72 also pretty easy job with the Dyna 60 rear end

Those "kits" they sell today sure aren't cheeep!

There weren't any kits back in the day, when I did two of mine, and using existing parts wasn't all that expensive....

SR
Name anything that’s cheap these days . There are tutorials on making your own kit with existing parts . The labor and sourcing of parts kind of makes it a wash in my opinion . Kinda like making a band saw from scratch it works but buying a Woodmiser and milling right away is a plus

Name anything that’s cheap these days . There are tutorials on making your own kit with existing parts . The labor and sourcing of parts kind of makes it a wash in my opinion . Kinda like making a band saw from scratch it works but buying a Woodmiser and milling right away is a plus
True story, but some of us don't have the money to buy expensive parts kits, so take the much cheaper road and make their own kit.

Then again, IF "I" was buying a band saw today, it wouldn't be a woodmizer either, there are better mills out there... lol

SR

I agree, what's your time with family worth? Screwing around and having parts machined, hunting down used parts, and the general time suck that DIY brake swaps are steers me away from them. Plus when it's purchased from a reputable supplier when something goes wrong they're there to help.

Reminds me of the guy that moved from Ontario to our neck of the woods and bought 100 acres of wooded land to retire. Dreams of being self sufficient and making his own home heating. That lasted all of 3 years.

Year 1: This is a lot of work.
Year 2: Yeah, I can do this.
Year 3: No, I can't.

He now calls us for firewood.

if I would have known how much the new ones were, I would have probably pinched that side off and gotten more use out of the other side :laugh: .
Follow me for more, "you know the thing!":lol:.
You know, pretty sure we're related somewhere along the way.

Latest posts

Back