Bringing back a 621 Jonsereds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
621 is one of the best built saw ever! Wonderful saw.

If you need help finding your account/registration, let me know I happily help if I can.

Regarding Jonsereds fabriker and Jonsereds brand it is not gone. Jonsereds fabriker sold chainsaw division with Jonsered brand name to Electrolux/Husqvarna. Chainsaws was a part of their company but far from all of it.
Jonsereds fabriker had other stuff parallel to chainsaw production and largest production was and still are tarp and truck cranes.

If you need help finding your account/registration, let me know I happily help if I can.

Regarding Jonsereds fabriker and Jonsereds brand it is not gone. Jonsereds fabriker sold chainsaw division with Jonsered brand name to Electrolux/Husqvarna. Chainsaws was a part of their company but far from all of it.
Jonsereds fabriker had other stuff parallel to chainsaw production and largest production was and still are tarp and truck cranes.

Thanks Magnus!! That is the most enlightening information. I had assumed Elux had changed the name to Jonsered....had not imagined that Jonsereds fabriker had thought the change up to sell off the chainsaw division......whilst retaining the actual brand name themselves.....that makes sense, I guess.

But yes I have always considered the Jonsereds 621 the father of all modern chainsaws regardless of make/brand. Well balanced, quiet, very well designed with nice AV and good power and as we see time and time again...a very long life. Well done Jonsereds Fabriker!!!!!:cheers:

I am not certain I registered on your site...it would have been 2008 or 9....I was thinking that there was something posted there that PB (Plant Biologist) and I were researching and I had to join/register in order to see the pics. But that may in fact, not have been the case at all......memory is a funny thing sometimes...

OK!!! The 621 has passed it's test with flying colors!!! Finished Mikey's 8 cord pile this afternoon. The old thing ran perfectly.....ran it pretty hard....never threatened to stall...returned to idle quickly and smoothly. Throw a very light touch up on the chain......and Thursday I'll be picking up a few more thread inserts so I can redo the upper left hand recoil bolt and this project will have reached it's desired conclusion. I forget from time to time how much I love running a 621......generally I grab something a little faster...a little lighter...a little newer. But you know...in the end I don't think I get done any sooner....the 621 is an incredibly steady wood cutting tool...even "Mikey liked it".....and misguided as he may be, he likes nothing but Stihls and Fords....silly man.....Mikey says "Hey" Unc...:havingarest::givebeer:

Just goes to show......the old 621 can still "Get 'er Done"

View attachment 517135 View attachment 517137 View attachment 517140 View attachment 517141

I don`t see any tall green cans. Safety meeting after?

Picked up a handful of thread inserts this morning so when I get to the shop I'll put that last finishing touch on. The saw is fresh sharp and this final task will complete the job...it starts easy, spools up nice, oils the bar good and idles properly. Nothing left it needs........though it "wants" a newer uncracked top cover to make it look as new as it is inside. It is now ready to be handed off to it's new master.....the first of next week..

OOOOOOOOoooooooo.....I told you this was not over.......I installed the last thread insert needed today.......I thought it was done. Nope.....the new master and I had a conversation......seems he has come up with a NOS top cover that is the best of these I've ever seen. The paint on these silvertops is very thin and fragile.....so after years of kicking around on dealers shelves they are somewhat threadbare......perfect in every way except the paint loss.....this one is real nice!!!! He'll be up here late Sunday so sometime after that we'll shift the electrics over and post some pics!!! It just gets betterer and betterer!!!! Going to a good home it is!!

OOOOOOOOoooooooo.....I told you this was not over.......I installed the last thread insert needed today.......I thought it was done. Nope.....the new master and I had a conversation......seems he has come up with a NOS top cover that is the best of these I've ever seen. The paint on these silvertops is very thin and fragile.....so after years of kicking around on dealers shelves they are somewhat threadbare......perfect in every way except the paint loss.....this one is real nice!!!! He'll be up here late Sunday so sometime after that we'll shift the electrics over and post some pics!!! It just gets betterer and betterer!!!! Going to a good home it is!!

SSSSSShhhh no one is 'posed to know yet!!!

Did you get my PM Jerry??

Nice work Robin! Your threads make me feel like a hack..............
Me too, big time! Patience is not one of my strong suites. Robin, you did a fantastic job on both the saw and this thread. Congrats on a saw well done. BTW, I talked to a guy today that's looking forward to seeing this saw. I think he's the same guy that got crazy lucky and found a NOS 621 cover :)

Me too, big time! Patience is not one of my strong suites. Robin, you did a fantastic job on both the saw and this thread. Congrats on a saw well done. BTW, I talked to a guy today that's looking forward to seeing this saw. I think he's the same guy that got crazy lucky and found a NOS 621 cover :)

Ya think?? LOL Thanks Brad......he is deserving. This is what I do though...these old obsolete saws are my focus.......they are not the latest and greatest...though I would say the 621 was in that category for a number of years. The ones I use and build will work a days work and put a lot of wood up. They are not as light as newer saws.....but the beauty is in the parts.....each one well crafted, designed and machined.....really like looking at a 1953 Indian 80 inch Super Chief......way more complex and cost way more to build than the completion......and because they built things the same way.....they ended up in the same ditch......

Not much new....got the last hole fixed with another thread insert. So the saw is ready....I haven't pulled the electrics out of the old cover yet.....thought the new owner might like to start it up first. Hoping the sparkplug boot is still flexible enough to remove from the wire. This has to be done because the hole the wire runs through in the cover is much smaller than the boot. Time will tell....

Latest posts

Back