Bringing home my second sawmill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got a better eye then I got I had to have it up close to see the 300 sticker. It looks like it is a 288 XP Professional, according to the little black sticker. I knew it was an older saw just did not know how old.

Last edited:
Backwoods, thats a really neat project! Impressive :clap: Nice score on the Husky to, obviously you know how good you did there!

Backwoods

When you are hot you are Hot:clap: Way to go and congratulations!!! I love seeing old equ fixed up and being used:)

Billy

You got a better eye then I got I had to have it up close to see the 300 sticker. It looks like it is a 288 XP Professional, according to the little black sticker. I knew it was an older saw just did not know how old.

You'll love the 288, I've got one just like it. It's not hard to recognize that sticker when you've been staring at one for 19 years.

Andy

What a deal... if I had been there and seen that first it would be in my shop pronto for that money. Looking forward to pics as you slowly rebuild that monster.

I am going to take it out for a test drive tomorrow. Got a pair of Sugar pine logs that are 17’ long and in the 40-50 inch range that just need to be quartered up for guy that has an LT-15 over on the east side of the county.

Put a new carb kit in it this morning after it gave me some problems starting in the cold weather. It needed it. The saw ran good and both logs are quartered up ready to go on his mill. The only problem I had with it was the sawdust/strings would plug up the saw instantly and then through them off the front of the saw. As long as I did not use the full length of the bar, they would pile up in front of the saw.

Latest posts

Back