Bringing up North East Texas GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caleath

Cliff Leath
Reaction score
I had thought about a gtg up here on our place. I mentioned it last year.

Any thoughts on when to have it and how to have it would be appreciated.

I am in Detroit Texas...75436 zip 30 mins from OK, 1 hour from AR and an hour or so from LA.

Let me know if anyone would be interested. To keep it during cooler months and after deer season I am thinking Feb or Mar next year.

Email me if you are interested...I want to get an idea of what we are looking at.

[email protected]

Last edited:
I had thought about a gtg up here on our place. I mentioned it last year.

Any thoughts on when to have it and how to have it would be appreciated.

I am in Detroit Texas...75436 zip 30 mins from OK, 1 hour from AR and an hour or so from LA.

Let me know if anyone would be interested. To keep it during cooler months and after deer season I am thinking Feb or Mar next year.

Man sure wish i lived closer Cliff!

If it was this summer I would be in. Going in July to visit family in white wright TX

Last edited:
Yeah no thanks to a gtg in July...but if you want hollar when you are here ..that would be ok..we are about an hour and change from there.

North Texas GTG

Cliff, You should be able to count me in. We go to Kelly Creek quite often . It is in Maud if You weren't sure where it was at.

When I use to ride a bike a lot. yea the funny looking pants and all we use to do the "Tour DeParis" and sometimes the M.S. 150 would go through that area. I remember there was a stretch of road somewhere around Leonard and Ivanhoe that just seemed to be one hill after another!!
Lot's of real pretty country in that area , but in July orAugust just TOOOO HOOOTTT!!
Right now my schedule is every. THU, FRi, SA. off. working every SU, MO, Tue, an every other WED.
Let me know If You need any help, Maybe we can get together some time in between and compare 510's

Kenny is in...we are not excluding anyone that wants to come...I posted it in the other GTG so maybe we can get some folks here.

It's a bit of a drive, but I'm game. I have a cousin with property very near you, Cliff, but we're not close (my choice).

Just remember to bump this thread every so often for the folks who aren't AS addicts.

It's a bit of a drive, but I'm game. I have a cousin with property very near you, Cliff, but we're not close (my choice).

Just remember to bump this thread every so often for the folks who aren't AS addicts.

Will do Chris...its going to be sorta primitave..no electricity out there. I do have a generator to use and I will get some outhouses too.

I think the colder weather the better myself.. no bugs no snakes etc etc.

Cliff, I think that your PM box is full.

Like we were discussing, you might as well get some productive cutting done while you have a group of guys there itching to cut :msp_thumbup:. I wouldn't mind at all.

Cliff, I think that your PM box is full.

Like we were discussing, you might as well get some productive cutting done while you have a group of guys there itching to cut :msp_thumbup:. I wouldn't mind at all.

Inbox is empty now

I dont burn wood myself, other than outdoors and for bbqing....we might be able to donate it to some of the older folks around here that still do. I will take a look into it for sure.

If anyone has some suggestions as to how to run one of these things I would like to hear them. I can put together just about anything fun. I am thinking of some hatchet throwing too.

If you cant tell I am getting a bit excited and we are talking 10 or so months from now.

Wife says she is good with it....so were off...you guys stay with me ok.

Back