Broken case repair demo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to think these things break off more from being thrown around in the back of trucks vs. cutting.

I honestly think, it had something dropped on it, like a small branch or something. It didn't have a dual port on it, and the muffler was the newer smaller hole variety. It also had the handle bar replaced when I had gotten it. The saw always ran great, and I don't use dawgs on most of my saws, so I never really worried about it.

Still a good thread Brad. Let us know hold it holds up.

I realized that when I was processing the pictures. Too late now:)

Yes, I split them. I had the whole gasket kit, so why not. It was easier to get all the old oil varnish out of the bearings and make sure everything was clean this way.

With any luck, this saw will be running Saturday or Monday, since I'm off Monday. The 084 is finished except for the plastic covers. The other parts 084? Well, it's not a saw anymore:) It lost what few good parts it did have to the "new" 084. About all that's left is the bare case halves, the flywheel, and the oiler.

I think the two screws (rebar) used for reinforcement show up in your second picture...looks like a couple of stainless screws to me.

good job

Good job, that is what my 066's case looks like now. I think mine and yours turned out well. But I didn't split the case to fix mine.:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw: :cheers: :clap: :)

Latest posts

Back