Brownstown Indiana here. Who are my neighbors?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Martinsville here

About 30 miles south of Indy.. Many of the folks from the next states over have been to one of my GTG. I might host another one if I can find a reason. I have plenty of wood.Just need a social reason to gather I reckon.

Another Hoosier here. About 45 miles east and a little north of Indy in an area around a little turd of a town called Mooreland,home to the oldest free fair in the state of Indiana and within a 1/2 mile of some real good fishing at Summit Lake State Park.As a truck driver,I get around Indiana a lot plus a lot of other places.I have delivered fuel to the Speedway station at Auburn and yes the old Memphis truckstop is gone at the 16 yardstick,if you go on up to the 19 yardstick,you will find a dandy little eating place and very reasonable to boot.It's good to get to know all my fellow Hoosiers on A S

About 30 miles south of Indy.. Many of the folks from the next states over have been to one of my GTG. I might host another one if I can find a reason. I have plenty of wood.Just need a social reason to gather I reckon.

Sounds great, Where at? And when? Sounds like a great social reason to me!

Richmond here...

Have good friends in Bean Blossum. Spearsville Road to be exact.

I am over in Mattoon, IL. I harvest good sized logs in the fall and would have a nice bunch of bucking on clean oak logs. Plenty of space for campers and 4 wheelers. I'd consider a GTG with a big pot of chillie, campfire and the shop. Anyone interested?

It has to be after harvest. I cannot get in to drop logs before then. That puts us into early November.

What do you think?

Bob

I'm for a gtg. Especially if there's going to be cutting envolved. Not crazy about camping though. Too many bad nights in the woods.

I am over in Mattoon, IL. I harvest good sized logs in the fall and would have a nice bunch of bucking on clean oak logs. Plenty of space for campers and 4 wheelers. I'd consider a GTG with a big pot of chillie, campfire and the shop. Anyone interested?

It has to be after harvest. I cannot get in to drop logs before then. That puts us into early November.

What do you think?

Bob

Hey Bob, I've been to Mattoon before, I designed a building over there, a huge corn storage building called Johnson Shuttle. Small world. As for a GTG that would be great, more people proably come after fall harvest anyhow.

Latest posts

Back