Brush and debris pile burning in cold weather?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a good job for some 41% Glyphosate, spray it high on the bushes to get them and it won't affect what grass is there as much. If you want a good kill that will help get rid of the poison oak, spray it all good. Make clearing brush much easier, the 41% Glyphosate shouldn't hurt the big trees. We used it all the time with spot spraying in pines and hardwoods. We mixed it 2oz per gallon and that will give you a slow kill. Seems to work as good as the higher application of 4oz per gallon they label for woody small trees and brush , just kills much slower.
Go buy a jug of DEF Fluid and use it full strength. Kills like nobody's business and less toxic than glyphosates

I do hope you are kidding with that remark about DEF.

That is nothing more than concentrated urea fertlizer and water, although it is a bit more pure. I spray the stuff on lawns to make them green.

Poured out in the grass, I have no doubt it will cause a brown spot, but if you watered it down it would only make a green spot. I'm pretty sure it would have no killing effect on a tree stump.

Bill, all you need to do is follow your own advice.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
No one "owns" the content.
The OP is just looking for help so maybe try providing some........
Advice:
Those types of comments are of no help.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

comment:
Still have not answered my question on if you smoke.

Your sage and considerate response:
What question?

Your two posts on the first page provided no help. They were just argumentative against what others had said.
This may be a record! Your own advice to me is advice to yourself. You are just being argumentative, and your comments provide no help to the OP.

Never put one in the chipper
Putting a cigarette butt into the chipper or back of a chipper truck would be a firing offense for any tree service I know. That is a magnificently ignorant question.

Only a person unqualified to be commenting in the Commercial forum would ask that question. When you were a "pro" at teaching shop, was it your habit to throw your illegally smoked cigarette butts into the sawdust hopper?

And finally:
Please do not attempt to turn this into another of your numerous attacks on me.

Putting a cigarette butt into the chipper or back of a chipper truck would be a firing offense for any tree service I know. That is a magnificently ignorant question.
I know one guy that let his employees do this, he is out of business now

thats one of the first things anyone learns working for me, throw a cigarette butt in my chipper or truck and you will be fired on the spot, no questions asked, either call an uber or walk home I don't care, but you ain't riding in my company truck back to the shop

but thats solved by having a strict no smoking at work policy, nobody is allowed to smoke on my jobsites, technically due to flammable dust and fuel vapors its a safety risk anyways but its incredibly unprofessional, makes the trucks smell terrible, they end up throwing butts on the ground or in the truck, etc
I allow vaping and chewing tobacco, but any form of burning such as a pipe, cigarette, cigar, etc is banned at my company

Go back and open your friggen eyes, we aren't here to spoon feed you stuff to moan about, if you cannot figure out this very well made and easy to use website then God help us all when you find out we've upgraded from horse and buggy to international combustion powered cars, will be scary seeing you attempt to drive one of those!
WTF

Well do you smoke?
ive already answered this, but this has **** all to do with anything regardless of if I smoke or not, either stay on track with the thread or don't bother showing up here, you have zero business explaining anything as a pro anyways, I don't see why @pdqdl hasn't banned you permanently yet tbh

Go buy a jug of DEF Fluid and use it full strength. Kills like nobody's business and less toxic than glyphosates
I have never heard that. The price of Glyphosate went from around $9/gallon here a number of years ago to highs of $30/gallon last year. This year it has calmed a bit but is still very high. I have never heard of anyone using DEF. I have to say I am skeptical though as yes it may cause a quick burn but you do realize it is nitrogen which is a fertilizer not a herbicide and the plants will come back.

Bill, all you need to do is follow your own advice.

Advice:

comment:

Your sage and considerate response:

This may be a record! Your own advice to me is advice to yourself. You are just being argumentative, and your comments provide no help to the OP.

Only a person unqualified to be commenting in the Commercial forum would ask that question. When you were a "pro" at teaching shop, was it your habit to throw your illegally smoked cigarette butts into the sawdust hopper?

And finally:
I have never smoked cigarettes......nasty crap.
I am just as qualified as you or anyone else to post here so you need to check your attitude.
You are not a "pro" and neither is anyone posting here.
That was about all I could get from all your drivel.
Do you have any other comments to make or just want to troll me?

Well do you smoke?
I smoke. I used to work in oil and gas plant's. Usually would check for leaks with a lighter or a cigarette.
I've done live tie in's where flames shot out the pipe because of faulty wellhead valves. These were fun.
I'd say probably 90% of the time I'll fill a fuel tank with a smoke in my mouth.

I smoke. I used to work in oil and gas plant's. Usually would check for leaks with a lighter or a cigarette.
I've done live tie in's where flames shot out the pipe because of faulty wellhead valves. These were fun.
I'd say probably 90% of the time I'll fill a fuel tank with a smoke in my mouth.
Bill was just trying to make an idiotic false equivalency between burning tires illegally and throwing a cigarette butt out the truck window.

The point I made had zero to do with safety. I am sick of hypocrites who whine like 2 year olds about me using tires and oil in brush and dozer piles. They try to point out it is illegal but seem to ignore ..........
1. I have yet to known a single person in this are to be even questioned about it let alone fined
2. It is not a criminal charge just like jaywalking is not
3. Many of those that poke at me are smokers and I see countless smokers toss their "butts" out the truck window. Guess what folks that is a much more serious offense here that using a tire in a dozer pile.

Now I could give two poops less if folks smoke, that is their choice but I do not care for hypocrites.

Back