Bucket Truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I think i'm going to purchase a Newer
Bucket truck.Anyone have any suggestions on a particular brand of lift
Or any negative Opinions on any?

If it is a stand a lone unit, not a chip dump, then gettail mount. You can get closer in to the work.

Continuouse 360 rotation. That is it does not stop at 360 and make you go all the way back around again.

Compact body, cab over is even more manuverable.

The style where the upper arm rotates on the lower arm vise a hinged joint is more versitle.

I've only limited experiance with buckest, but been in a number of models.

Definatley come check out Aerial Lift of Conn. I think they are up in Brookefield? I have heard really good things about the Hi-Rangers. If your gonna be up in CT. Drop me a line, only a little ways from here.

had a high ranger, would get stuck in the air every so often, just bought a altec and love it, full over center rotating bucket, crane capable up to 2000lbs at end of boom, cabovers are the best for chassis style

When buying a bucket get as much reach as you can. Altec lb650 are good fast buckets. stay away from teco. lift all is a good lift slow but versitile. reach all are real nice. new high rangers are good. The best thing you can do is find a used bucket out in the west. I bought a 65 ft reach all for 9500 and sold it a year later for 22000. sweet.

This winter one of the guys I work with had his old "Dino" in for a refit by Mat-3. He had a 75 foot loaner and wished he could have traded up to it.

Scott, why do you like the cab-over? the ballance? You need to get so much of the truck under the treewith them.

Bucket Ruck for Sale

David,
I'm selling a 1997 Ford F-800 with an AL 60/50 Bucket.
60' working height
Cummins Turbo Diesel
14' Oversize Chip Dump
Tool Boxes, Strobe Light, Heavy-Duty Cab & Fender Guards
New Tires, New Clutch
50,000 miles
$55,000.00

Let me know if you're interested.

Brett

[email protected]

i like the cab over because it seems i can put it anywear! plus i usally back to the tree to get max boomage! plus if i have to pull in i can see how close i am ! i had it weighed, 24500lbs! my old one was close to 40,000lbs!

:D With that Puppy i could probably park
on the side of the road and do the work!
Wow you'd need 50' of overhead clearance just to open it up! it probably weighs 40'000 lbs could you imagine the lawn Ruts kind of like a concrete truck.
:blob5:

do you know how to adjust the leveling cables on an altec lb650 lift? I am also in CT
:dizzy:
Definatley come check out Aerial Lift of Conn. I think they are up in Brookefield? I have heard really good things about the Hi-Rangers. If your gonna be up in CT. Drop me a line, only a little ways from here.

LOL everything is only a little ways from everything else in Ct.

Dont get me wrong I love ALOC... however, I'm not sure but I dont believe that both booms break over center. My LR III keeps going once you stand it straight instead of just stopping at that little bit past...er fully erect. lol

But seriously I find it gives alot of options and sweet side reach. Real handy for pruning too. ALOC booms are stacked whereas my altec booms are parallel, it looks like thats why they dont have the range of movement with the upper boom. But I could be wrong.

In my opinion ALOC needs to get with the times a bit with thier elevator design too. Hi-danger and altec are a much better design with regards to the elevator systems they have (at least thats the way it looks to me).

My ALOC has both booms going over center. It is for sale also, it is on a 98 ford F-series, 55 feet working height.

Latest posts

Back