Bucking?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When this was done by hand, it was done with a buck saw:

attachment.php

I've no idea why a buck saw is called a buck saw.... Anyone?

Bucking

"Once upon a time there was a man called Jeremiah Buck. He cut wood. He tired easy. So, one night at suppertime, his wife said: "Jeremiah, why are you so tired cutting my cook wood?"
And then Jeremiah Buck went to Sweden and wondered at all the lovely orange tools with funny handles and loud noises................:jawdrop:

bucking

Bucking wood comes from bucktooth. It was another name or nickname for a beaver sometime back in Ol' England. Don't know where or why bucktooth got its start.

bucking

OK.
So I just lied, white lied, stretched the truth, overly-enhanced, omitted details and used out of context.
It's happened before.
It'll happen again.
What you've got to ask yourself is:
"Self, was his first post just almost believeable? Was I suckered?"

All the Best
Buck safely lads and ladies

Thanks 'Fishhuntcutwood' for your thread links. Yes I got your comments concerning the search function and yes I know I could use it, and actually considered doing so. BUT isn't this website all about stimulating interest and conversation about all these wood related issues?
You provided me with three links on just this one word, "bucking". If everyone solely just used the search function I'm sure allot of questions would be answered as I'm sure many things have been gone over lots of times before. BUT what I am also sure of is that you would see a big reduction in new posts and what you would be left with is a bunch of old woodsmen with nothing to do at night but put on their bi-focals and attempt to pull splinters out of their hands. Therefore in the benefit of this website and my interest and enjoyment in participating in it and possibly getting to know other people, ( as far as you can over the net) who have a passion and a far greater knowledge of this field than me, I decided to post my question.
Thanks for your response to it. Maybe if I hang around long enough and continue to post, maybe sometimes even stupid questions, I too may one day become an Arboristsite MVP.

Kiwi cutter said:
Thanks 'Fishhuntcutwood' for your thread links. Yes I got your comments concerning the search function and yes I know I could use it, and actually considered doing so. BUT isn't this website all about stimulating interest and conversation about all these wood related issues?
You provided me with three links on just this one word, "bucking". If everyone solely just used the search function I'm sure allot of questions would be answered as I'm sure many things have been gone over lots of times before. BUT what I am also sure of is that you would see a big reduction in new posts and what you would be left with is a bunch of old woodsmen with nothing to do at night but put on their bi-focals and attempt to pull splinters out of their hands. Therefore in the benefit of this website and my interest and enjoyment in participating in it and possibly getting to know other people, ( as far as you can over the net) who have a passion and a far greater knowledge of this field than me, I decided to post my question.
Thanks for your response to it. Maybe if I hang around long enough and continue to post, maybe sometimes even stupid questions, I too may one day become an Arboristsite MVP.

Well said Kiwi !!!

Buck[ing] To cut a tree into desired lentghs after its been felled.
Buck[er] One who cuts trees into logs.
oh,and a log with no bark is called a buckskin.
im000251.jpg

Kiwi cutter said:

I detect a sense of sarcasm. Point well taken, but see my side of it all-I see a new guy come in and not use the search function, just like all the guys before you who ask about mix ratios, saw storage, Stihl vs. Husky, what's the best firewood saw, what's the longest bar length and so on. All the topics that get asked about again and again. It gets old. The search is there for a reason. For many of us who've been around a while and answered this question three times in as many months, it appears to us that you're too good or too lazy to use the search and you want us to answer the question for just for you all over again. Though I'm sure that's not the case, it's how it appears.

Now, if you'd just said, "Hey guys, I used the search and found some good info, but my question still remains...." it wouldnt' be a problem. That's perfectly understandable. This site is for exchange of information and new ideas by all means. We're here to help. But when a topic has been hashed as this one has, there's no new ideas to talk about and the replies are going to be same replies that were posted before. And as there's no shortage of new, viable threads started every day, I've got no heartache directing someone to the search button.

Someday when you're an Arboristsite MVP you'll see what I mean.

Welcome to AS. ;)

Jeff

buck or not to buck

buckaroo:
New guy who doesn't use the search engine.

Did I just fib again?

Or was that an Aussie technique?

Kiwi cutter said:

:ices_rofl:

Priceless!

Dont worry Kiwi, two stroke fumes make some people grumpy.:cry:

Most enjoy the comrodery and discussions as you never know witch way they will turn or what new information will be discovered.

Besides, if those spending their precious time being bothered be the likes of you NOOBS would simply petition the mods to have the search function fixed, they would actually add some value to the site.:monkey:

Welcome aboard ya pesky Noob.:cheers:

RaisedByWolves said:
Dont worry Kiwi, two stroke fumes make some people grumpy.:cry:

I'm not grumpy. I'm just explaining my point of view since Kiwi seems to think I was attacking him. I wasn't. I'm sorry I took the time to do a search for him. I gave him the information he was looking for, and he thought I was being a jerk. Nevermind. I'll never use my "precious time" helping a noob out again. :bang:

And the search function works just fine. But if you like, I could run some operational checks on it...I'd sure like to add some value to this site. :bowdown:

Jeff

LOL, Check your posts.

5 out of the first 25 are nothing more than you complaining about this behavour. Its not just this thread.

It seems if these people are wasting your time it would be simpler for you to just hit the back button and read a different thread, No?

Passive/agressive anyone? :angry:

Fyi, Many people have trouble with the search button not working........

I'm with Jeff and you softies can post in the off topic.

WTH would you stick up for someone who says, " I know how to do it the right way, but I'm bored."

BTW are you just punching up posts to sell something KIWI?

Everyone thought I was someone else when I came here because I used the search function and figured everyone out.

Must still be rare. HA

Fred

Mr. said:
I'm with Jeff and you softies can post in the off topic.

WTH would you stick up for someone who says, " I know how to do it the right way, but I'm bored."

BTW are you just punching up posts to sell something KIWI?

Everyone thought I was someone else when I came here because I used the search function and figured everyone out.

Must still be rare. HA

Fred

Thanks Fred. But it's no use. Try to help a noob out and illustrate the need for a little forum etiquette and procedure and you're a whiner. From now on I'll let noobs stumble around and clog the board with stuff like this.

This thread is now way off topic, which is also often frowned upon, so I'm done here. I'll probably be called a whiner a few more times, but they can have this thread. It's just too bad that this thread will show up the next time someone searches for "bucking." :laugh:

Jeff

I have been a noob for a long time it seems like on this site and I have one (or a few) thing to say to fishhuntcamp, Thanks alot for your help.
I really think he helps all of us noobs out very well just like many of you "old timmers on this site" Thanks again to all of you guys.
Jack

Latest posts

Back