Build more fence or move to the country? A**hat neighbors...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got home about 4pm and told the wife what happened. She says call the cops right now......

I calmly explained whats been going on to the officer and he realizes that I've done my research with surveys, property lines and city regs. He goes and talks to them for a while, it's the old bag and her loud mouth daughter.. I can hear over the fence it's getting a bit loud and the officer is getting frustrated. Finally he comes back with them in tow to try and "resolve the situation"

Pretty much a waste of time but it did not go well for them, they were loud, interuppted me alot and pointing fingers and the officer did not like that.

At least I got something on record showing I was a reasonable, well researched person and they were a bunch of ranting lunatics.

I've been watching this for over a week waiting for what happens next. Any recent news?

I've been watching this for over a week waiting for what happens next. Any recent news?

Nothing much to report, no contact with the a**hat neighbors... she did tell me during our last confrontation (last friday noon) that she called and complained to the quarry about my wood stacked on quarry property.... so everyday I expect to come home and find the "quarry cops" confiscating my firewood....:laugh: but no letters, no nothing.... as I expected... Does not matter much because a couple more pickup loads and there won't be a stick of firewood on the quarry's property.....:msp_biggrin:

I did notice that she moved all her crap off the quarry property.. except for her fence that crosses the city ally, onto quarry property and connects with the quarrys chainlink fence. I bet I could get that moved if I wanted....

It's been two weeks since I cleared the last stick of firewood from the quarry's property. I now officially have all my personal firewood on my own property. The a**hats on both sides of me now have a wonderfull view of chainlink fence.... I guess that suits them better than neatly stacked firewood...

I do have to thank them for one thing (not that I will) - I've sold over 15 loads of firewood this summer, have commitments for at least 15 more and have meet some great people doing it... That's been the fun part, even had one young couple with their 3 boys help unload , the little guys were so stoked to get some firewood and had a great time unloading it... one even commented "this is what I want do to for a job when I grow up" I got quite a chuckle out of that...

Update

Its been quiet since the blow up with my rude and obnoxious neigbor (she's been busy being rude and obnoxious to other neighbors) but I still wanted both a sight and physical barrier between us and her. A traditional fence was out due to her encroachments so I came up with a solution that did not require a building permit. Pics attached.

I've got one more section to build - my total cost was right at $200 for 45' of length though I did already have the roof panels (steel garage door panels). The five sections should hold close to 2.5 cord.

Last edited:
I left town livin' near 30 years ago, and never looked back.
It doesn't work for me, I just can't play the game.

I'm choosy about who I call a friend, and just 'cause you're a neighbor don't make us friends, or even friendly for that matter... and you sure the heck ain't borrowing something from me just 'cause you live next door. If I've got something to say, you're gonna' hear it, and I really don't care if your feelings get hurt... and if I don't like you, or your wife, or your kids, you're gonna' be real clear on that also.

The last place I lived in town the neighbor had a party one winter night and several of the guests parked their vehicles on my yard... one of them driving over a small tree I'd planted earlier in the year. I used the front bumper of my 4x4 to move those vehicles into the middle of the street. It wasn't pretty, and as you can imagine the town cops were called to the scene... where they found me sitting on the tailgate with a shotgun. When they questioned me I told them I wasn't sayin' anything ... but if they planned on arresting me they better do the same to those drunks out in the street gettin' behind the wheel and startin' up them cars or there'd be real problems.

I moved into the country the next spring.

Ar good nice in the country

Its been quiet since the blow up with my rude and obnoxious neigbor (she's been busy being rude and obnoxious to other neighbors) but I still wanted both a sight and physical barrier between us and her. A traditional fence was out due to her encroachments so I came up with a solution that did not require a building permit. Pics attached.

I've got one more section to build - my total cost was right at $200 for 45' of length though I did already have the roof panels (steel garage door panels). The five sections should hold close to 2.5 cord.

the only problem I see,,is if there isn't some sort of IMMOVABLE backing,,on the back side of the firewood,,are they going to steal your wood??? you know,,like 10,000 volt fencing?? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Those are really clean looking racks. I want to do something like this myself with the roofing permanently attached. Right now I have a long row of racks, but just have long 2x4’s as a roof base, corrugated roofing panels, and additional 2’x4’s to hold those down. The racks are solid, but the roof pieces are not (removable for seasoning purposes), but I really like that design you have there! Sorry for the a**hat neighbors…I know what you mean!

the only problem I see,,is if there isn't some sort of IMMOVABLE backing,,on the back side of the firewood,,are they going to steal your wood??? you know,,like 10,000 volt fencing?? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

nah, he just needs little cubby holes for firing ports.....

Looks nice..
Sounds like you've been whipped by couple women....If you're scared say you're scared..:hmm3grin2orange:

I can't ever imagine complaining about some stacked firewood. Does she really have no other worries in her life, that she can waste time thinking about how the firewood doesn't look beautiful. What both of you should be worried about is living next to a quarry that could possibly cave in at anytime. I live right next to a quarry and a few years ago about 500 feet of road collapsed in to the quarry. But again I'm just amazed that somebody doesn't like how firewood looks. It doesn't matter that its quarry property. As long as you maintain it you will not hear a word from them. Just like power lines. If you live next to power lines and get permission from them you can use the property as long as you maintain it. That's how it is around me, maybe its different in other areas.

Perfect fence, 2x4x10's would have been better tho. Now what are you going to burn? Can't burn the privacy wood.

Wow... Just read the entire thread. The white trash daughter with a dozen offspring that tried to assault you would have been bear maced. It's crazy, I keep staking firewood along the fence awaiting a complaint. Not one yet, and I'm the only one that knows the property lines. (It's in my favor):msp_tongue:

I am floored the see this happens with northern ladies and gentleman. I thought this sorta thing just happened in the South with us rednecks. You see how the Hatfields and McCoys handled a feud. They ain't the only ones either, just the folks you hear about.

Now a stack of firewood ain't worth killing over, but I'd be damned if I'd live in a city with tramps like you mentioned. Matter of fact, I'll never live is a city ever again. I pee off the front porch and back porch if I care to. It's my business and it ain't nobody's business but mine.

Latest posts

Back