Building a 372XP Big Bore With 272XP Piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah.......the one's I've seen have been very nice. But the damn pistons........I worry about them not holding up.

i wonder if anybody has tried a slab piston in a saw that had a windowed piston??

i wonder how would that do??? -- LOL

Here's a few pics......I'll be adding to this one.

Opened up the transfer inlets a bit since the 272XP piston is a windowed design.

Here we are test fitting to the case. The match is worse than you can see here.....

Here it is after being case matched.......

Like I said......I'll post more as I set the squish and port it.
Randy will the amount u took from the cylinder and crankcase matching affect crankcase compression much? Increse rpm ?

I seen a 2100 cylinder that was ported by a husky salesman I think he got his info from husky. He raised the exhaust port 1/8” in the center and arch it to the sides by 1/16”. He lowered the intake port by 1/8”. He opened up the transfer ports. He cut 1/8” off the bottom of the piston and I advanced the timing. The 2100 was a beast. We plugged the govenor.

I followed his lead on a 81/250cr husky motocross bike, I did more porting. And advanced the timing. This bike was unbeaten down the straights. She was an animal. With the cylinders that had ribs in the transfer ports I thinned them, lowered them and put a c shape in the middle to keep the flow centralized.

Here's a few pics......I'll be adding to this one.

Opened up the transfer inlets a bit since the 272XP piston is a windowed design.

Here we are test fitting to the case. The match is worse than you can see here.....

Here it is after being case matched.......

Like I said......I'll post more as I set the squish and port it.
That 272 piston look right at home in that cylinder. Good work Mastermind.

Back