Building a 390XP Monster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jacob J.
I thought I had taken the same amount off of the flange as I did the base, I either did not, or didn't account for the loss of the base gasket. I don't know how many of these I've done by taking the same amount off both surfaces and have never had this problem.

I did the same thing on a 385 once. I had the base turned but forgot to to do anything with the flange. The flange bottomed out ever so slightly and created an air leak.
I burned up a new OEM piston and rings. The saw didn't leak air until it was at the hottest operating temp and by then, it was too late.

HEAVY FUEL

HEAVY FUEL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Grantsburg, WI, Gateway to the swamps of Minnesota
It's not about you JJ, its about us!! LOL!

aefd15a7-d995-628d.jpg

blsnelling
Today is a strange day indeed. I boxed up my 390 to ship to someone else to work on it! Along with it went a new cylinder. It's getting a 2-piece head and a right hand pipe, similar to the one TW built for the 361 below. I've wanted to build a pipe saw for a long time, and it's finally happening. A big thank you goes out to a couple forum members that are helping me out with this project! You know who you are:clap:
[video=youtube_share;CoUai22tD7g]http://youtu.be/CoUai22tD7g[/video]

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
i want one of those trx 250 saws mr cahoon built for my collection ,that things a piece of art

--have you actually tried using one of those bike saws for regular wood cutting?

I know that is a borderline silly question, but I was still wondering.

A 250 has to be pretty heavy regardless, but something like a 125 might be doable.

Trx250r180

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
--have you actually tried using one of those bike saws for regular wood cutting?

I know that is a borderline silly question, but I was still wondering.

A 250 has to be pretty heavy regardless, but something like a 125 might be doable.

it would be a toy / shelf queen ,they are good for a couple cuts then get too hot ,i have plenty of saws for reg cuting

Latest posts