Building a 500 Hotsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an interesting thread Dennis, but can I say that if I never intend to build a bikesaw? :laugh:

Russ

Dennis Cahoon said:
That's good Russ....but I bet you'd sure love to make a cut with a 500 in a big block of wood.....just for the rush and handful of vibration. Some say it's better than sex....nahhhh....but close. Hahahaha!
GrassvalleyDHCex012.jpg
Of course I`d love to run one but don`t have one to run. Maybe I can get in on the next junket to your bikesaw dude ranch!

:laugh: ;)

mate what year model 500 motor are you using??? and being the owner of a couple cr500's ('87 and '03)..care to share on what you do to the internals??
paz

Dennis Cahoon said:
jokers said:
Of course I`d love to run one but don`t have one to run. Maybe I can get in on the next junket to your bikesaw dude ranch!

Not only do we let rookies run hotsaws, but don't forget about the Big tree felling. This is alot of fun also. Just ask Gypo and Marky. Save up your money Russ and I'll find you a 6 footer...this one's only 5 1/2.
barky20bark.jpg
Dennis,

I`m selling donuts to the other guards and I`m skimming the coffee fund surplus, maybe someday...........

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Dennis,

Do you start these projects with a new CR500 engine bought straight from Honda or do you get a used one off a bike?

Can you show pictures of what needs to be done to the bike engine to get it ready? What cases need to be cut off, how do you cut them off, etc.?

Thanks,
Bob

Back