Building the ultimate sleeper saw.... 46cc Craftsman into a ported 72cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries lol. I was just admitting I was wrong. I figured these poulans were after he quality nose dive, and didnt think they would stand up to it. I have survived weldingweb, and those guys go ot of heir way to flame people

Have you seen the video of Ed's wildthing he picked up from walmart yet?:hmm3grin2orange: I'm sure someone will post the link to it for ya...:help:

wait a sec here ..... just thinking out loud, of course ....

Seems to me that Ed posted to the thread and said " ... will post more tomorrow. Son is downloading to his PS3, so speed isn't so good .... "

Then Ed gets sick.

Did his son download a virus?

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Talked to Ed on the phone this afternoon...He is feeling better but still not up to par... He promised he would get videos up as soon as he feels better...

shew i dont even want to deal with 3-4". but somebodys got to check the docks and heat on the houses.wish i could clean up leaves and pressure wash.i hate winter.best thing about march... it aint december janurary or feburary. lol

wait a sec here ..... just thinking out loud, of course ....

Seems to me that Ed posted to the thread and said " ... will post more tomorrow. Son is downloading to his PS3, so speed isn't so good .... "

Then Ed gets sick.

Did his son download a virus?

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Brought a smile:msp_tongue:

Ok so maybe I missed it but was there any talk about the crank case volumes? It seems like a 50-60cc crankcase volume wouldn't support 68cc's of ported saw.

Also I have to agree that the 2 little slits are pretty small for that 038mag cylinder! Maybe a 3rd?

Other than those two little things... WOW Ed! loving every bit of this build! :biggrinbounce2:

Ok so maybe I missed it but was there any talk about the crank case volumes? It seems like a 50-60cc crankcase volume wouldn't support 68cc's of ported saw.

Also I have to agree that the 2 little slits are pretty small for that 038mag cylinder! Maybe a 3rd?

Other than those two little things... WOW Ed! loving every bit of this build! :biggrinbounce2:

I'm guessing there's a lot of cc volume in that old Poulan's carcass...
Not to mention the transfer runners.
I'm sure Ed removed some material from the lowers...
But just a guess...

he took the wall out between the crank and the oil tank for added volume ,then added a 3/4 wrap off the 044 ,fills the wrap handle as oil storage now :hmm3grin2orange:

back in the day we did everything possible to reduce crankcase volume, "stuffed" the cases, aluminum plugs in the flywheel balance holes to reduce case volume, full circle flywheels tucked tight to the case walls with just enough space between them for the rod to swing this effectively increases the compression ratio of the crankcase as the piston comes down causing a higher pressure pushing a larger volume of fuel/air mix thru the transfers. At top dead center it fills the case as the piston comes down it compresses the volume in the case until the transfers open.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: then woosh bang pow...less is more...

Husky does something like that on some xp saws. ;)

Ed really is alive guys... I saw him with my own eyes... Dropped off a couple old saws as I was driving by but was kind of in a hurry so no updates on this project... The Camaro on the other hand is going to be NICE!!!

Ed really is alive guys... I saw him with my own eyes... Dropped off a couple old saws as I was driving by but was kind of in a hurry so no updates on this project... The Camaro on the other hand is going to be NICE!!!

What Camaro?

He turned a little tractor into a Camaro?

Now THAT'S amazing! :msp_thumbup:

Back