Built-rite proccessors?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same problem when I was looking. Long wait for most machines. Picked mine up with less than 200 hours on it from a dealer in Portland, Me. I drove 10 hours each way to get it but saved a lot of $$. Check out these links for starters. Some good lookng machines available. Good luck. If you are getting that kind of prouction without a big procressor you will kick butt if you find a good machine.

http://www.forestryequipmentsales.com/categories/35/36.html

http://sawmillexchange.com/commerc.htm

When you're looking at that kind of production, you really want to look closely at the cost vs the ease and speed of production. You can make up the difference of a few grand pretty quickly, and if you look at the increased production and long term durability of the machine, cost becomes less of an issue. Putting one man on a FWP with a conveyor can save you a lot of money in wages and aggravation. I work with Peter Hincks the national sales manager at Timberwolf and I know he would be happy to point out the differences between the various machines/manufacturers. He's pretty straightforward and extremely knowledgeable about every machine that's out there. If he doesn't think a Timberwolf machine would do the job for you, he'll tell you. When you're spending that kind of money it helps to have as much information as possible. These guys know all the manufactures, all the machines, all the features and the cost...not the kind of information your fellow users would have at their fingertips. Peter's number is 1-800-340-4386. If he's not there, ask for Don...a real straight shooter who knows these machines inside and out because before he was selling them, he was in the shop building them.

Good luck with your search!

Steve

Steve,
Thanks and I agree 100% with your comment. Ive been researching these FWP's for about 2 yes now and your right owner operators dont easily share everything you need to know before buying a machine. I've been speaking with Dave Smith at BlockBuster and he has been more than helpful and informative. We did also see a TW PRO MP in operation but thought we'd need something a little more heavy duty like the PRO-HD. But now that you mentioned it BlockBuster has been the only company that has followed up on any of our information requests and that says alot to me. But I will try to contact Pete or Don and let them chime in with their suggestions... Thanks for the info and I'm still interested in what owners out there have to say about their FWP's...Lee

Wish I could find one that compares all the machines out there of the same size,cost and output... any suggestions??...Lee

Have any of you guys checked out the Splitright in the banners at the top of the AS page?

Have any of you guys checked out the Splitright in the banners at the top of the AS page?

I looked at the video of the Splitrite. Looks like a nice splitter but is not really a processor as it does not cut the logs. Cycle time on spliter looks to be around 12 seconds - very slow. A good processor will cut/split and be ready for next cut in 10 seconds or less.

Blockbuster

Steve,
Thanks and I agree 100% with your comment. Ive been researching these FWP's for about 2 yes now and your right owner operators dont easily share everything you need to know before buying a machine. I've been speaking with Dave Smith at BlockBuster and he has been more than helpful and informative. We did also see a TW PRO MP in operation but thought we'd need something a little more heavy duty like the PRO-HD. But now that you mentioned it BlockBuster has been the only company that has followed up on any of our information requests and that says alot to me. But I will try to contact Pete or Don and let them chime in with their suggestions... Thanks for the info and I'm still interested in what owners out there have to say about their FWP's...Lee

I bought a 22-20 from blockbuster 3 years ago and they were definately the nicest to deal with. You want to make sure of the type of wood you are going to be getting in to be proccessed. You also want to plan on getting a conveyor at the same time. You'll be very happy you did.

Back