Bumped my leg with the chainsaw, no chaps, looks gross

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In total how much money did your med bills come to before insurance coverage? How much deductible do you have to pay?

Now; that would be interesting to know. Med expenses are getting so high the average man can't hardly afford to walk in the door.

In total how much money did your med bills come to before insurance coverage? How much deductible do you have to pay?
$688.00 for "Surgery". Basicly the orthopeadeit surgurn to come and stiche me up. My insurance doent's have a co-pay, just a deductable. I ended up paying only $50. and after the farmer pays what he said he would, i will end up having to pay nothing.

Friend of mine says "Chaps are cheap insuance" well the chaps i picked out cost $70, and the deductable is $50. I saved myself $20.

$688.00 for "Surgery". Basicly the orthopeadeit surgurn to come and stiche me up. My insurance doent's have a co-pay, just a deductable. I ended up paying only $50. and after the farmer pays what he said he would, i will end up having to pay nothing.

Friend of mine says "Chaps are cheap insuance" well the chaps i picked out cost $70, and the deductable is $50. I saved myself $20.

Wow that is crazy expensive, how much/month does your insurance cost? I'm not trying to be nosy, just curious as to how the American health care works. So if you have no insurance would they not stitch you up, or they just bill you and send the mafia after you after 90 days, LOL If your a person with a life long illness is there any insurance you can buy, or the companies won't go near you because your to much of a risk?

Wow that is crazy expensive, how much/month does your insurance cost? I'm not trying to be nosy, just curious as to how the American health care works. So if you have no insurance would they not stitch you up, or they just bill you and send the mafia after you after 90 days, LOL If your a person with a life long illness is there any insurance you can buy, or the companies won't go near you because your to much of a risk?

Johnny this should be in the political forum. No one goes untreated in America, someone always pays. It might not be the patient but some one pays.

Johnny this should be in the political forum. No one goes untreated in America, someone always pays. It might not be the patient but some one pays.

There is nothing political about the question in reference. It was in relation to the conversation at hand. If it were a stand alone conversation about us medical policies yes I agree.

policical forurm

well, yes I understand that this should be in political fourm but you need a password from the administrator. If your really want to get that far you might as well pm me. As far as health isurance goes. We are going under a huge health care reform and it sucks becuase the poor bastards that sit on government assistance can now apply for government payed health insuracne. But while blue collar joe has to work 50+ hours just to afford the bread on his table. But generaly there is a group rate offered thew the employer that offers different levels of coverage/deductables/co-pay... depending on service providers and other varriables. That's all i want to say about the health care in USA. If you want to know more pm me.

Of course I just had to look. That was a pretty bad cut! And you're lucky that you were able to get away with what you did. A chainsaw through the leg with no major injuries - you've got an angel watching over you!

holding the chainsaw upside down while standing in thick brush. Tip of the saw caught a branch and threw the saw into my leg. Down to the muscle with no tendon/vain/nerve damage. lucky as all get out. About a doz. stiches under the skin holding the innerds together, and another 17 or so on the outside.

I hope everything heals good, I cut for one year without chaps then bought them, the shirt from stihl along with the gloves and boots.

bw

Just a little update. I did get the bill for the stiches. The insurance compay only took of 60 of a $680 bill off for the stiches

Latest posts

Back