Buried my Buddy this morning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very sorry....

No judgements, unconditional love.I really feel for you my friend.I`m very sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I know how hard it is. My dad lost his a few months ago. Was hard for him, never saw him cry for gramma, but saw it for his friend.

Avalancher-Im in the same boat as you. Don't think mine will make another 5 though. She's in the best shape of her life, but really slowed down the last few months.

Hate to hear it, I know what you are going through

Had to put my 13 year old best friend in the spring time. He crosses my mind daily, but I have to remember his suffering has ended, and he is in a better place

Alderman sorry I know how bad you feel. I had to put my Buddie to sleep 1.5 years ago I still miss him a lot. 15 years is a good run though.

sorry for your loss.

Chokes me up to think about what you're going through.I have been through it a few times but I will always have a dog.They make life worth living.

Sorry, man

Alderman,

Sorry to hear of your loss. I had to bury one of my friends just a few weeks ago. It so sucks to lose a dog, but I would never be without one. Some are better than others, but when they are yours they have that special bond with you un-like anything else. Hang in there.

Peter

As I look over at my two best friends curled up at my feet. I feel your pain. I hate that day...I remember my Uncle Johnny once pointed out what dog spelled backwards is .... That helped when I had to put down my 14 year old Rot/Lab (Mack the Wonder Dog). Even though that was 15 years ago and it still sucks thinking about that day. His ashes are in a Red Oak Box I made for him sitting right on my dresser. God speed your dog and may your next pup becomes the perfect friend.

Sorry to hear that alderman.

I'm going to go home tonight and hug my 2 furballs

R.IP. Lucie, and thanks for enriching your family's life. Ajo and I will stop at the park tonight while on duty and play one last game of fetch in your memory.:)

Stew and Ajo.

An old man and his dog were walking down this dirt
road with fences on both sides, they came to a gate
in the fence and looked in, it was nice - grassy,
woody areas, just what a 'huntin' dog and man would
like, but, it had a sign saying 'no trespassing' so
they walked on.

They came to a beautiful gate with a person in white
robes standing there. "Welcome to Heaven"
he said. The old man was happy and started in with his
dog following him.

The gatekeeper stopped him. "Dogs aren't allowed,
I'm sorry but he can't come with you." "What
kind of Heaven won't allow dogs? If He can't come in,
then I will stay out with him. He's been my faithful
companion all his life, I can't desert him now.
" "Suit yourself, but I have to warn you,
the Devil's on this road and he'll try to sweet talk you
into his area, he'll promise you anything, but, the dog can't
go there either. If you won't leave the dog, you'll
spend Eternity on this road " So the old man and
dog went on.

They came to a rundown fence with a gap in it, no gate,
just a hole. Another old man was inside. "Scuse me Sir,
my dog and I are getting mighty tired, mind if we come in
and sit in the shade for awhile?" "Of course, there's
some cold water under that tree over there. Make yourselves
comfortable " "You're sure my dog can come in?
The man down the road said dogs weren't allowed
anywhere." "Would you come in if you had to leave
the dog?" " No sir, that's why I didn't go to
Heaven, he said the dog couldn't come in. We'll be spending
Eternity on this road, and a glass of cold water and some
shade would be mighty fine right about now. But, I won't
come in if my buddy here can't come too,
and that's final. "

The man smiled a big smile and said "Welcome to Heaven."
"You mean this is Heaven? Dogs ARE allowed? How come that
fellow down the road said they weren't?" "That was the
Devil and he gets all the people who are willing to give up a life
long companion for a comfortable place to stay.
They soon find out their mistake, but, then it's too late.
The dogs come here, the fickle people stay there.
GOD wouldn't allow dogs to be banned from Heaven. After all,
HE created them to be man's companions in life, why would he
separate them in death?"

Author Earl Hamner
The Twilight Zone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to hear those news. I've been in those shoes a few times, not a good place to be.

Hopefully in time, when your heart has healed a little, you can adopt a new buddy.

There are so many dogs in shelters today, that despertly want to be someone's buddy.

Just one walk through a shelter and you can feel the sadness in there. Very sad!

I hope you can find it in your heart to give one a chance someday.

I feel your pain, losing your dog is one of the worst experiences in life. I have lost a few and each one holds a special memory for me.

Not meaning to lessen the love I felt for each of them, Chuck is the one that has been the hardest to lose.

I got Chuck when I was 16 yrs old. He was half Collie and half Blue Heeler. I got him for free because his owners raised Collies and Chuck was an "oops". Although we were close, Chuck loved my Dad. I had to go to school each day and Dad was here at the farm each day so Chuck spent most of his formative months with my Dad. If we had to go somewhere in Dad's pickup, Chuck sat in the passenger seat, I had to sit in the middle. He would NOT give up his window seat. When we would sort the calves off of the cows, Chuck would sit by the fence and watch until Dad would look at him and say "sort em", Chuck would send 200 cows to pasture and leave 200 calves in the lot. We never trained him, he just knew what to do. On a rainey day in October, when I was 19 and living on the "south" farm, I did chores at my place and the "north" place then stopped at Mom and Dad's to get equipment ready for harvest. Chuck was sitting by the door of a storage shed. Mom told me she hadn't seen Dad for a couple of hours and I should look for him. I told her that he probably walked out to the pasture to check cows and not to worry. Chuck started to bark, something he very seldom did, sitting by that shed door. I ignored him and started to get wagons out of the machine shed. Chuck wouldn't quit barking so I opened the door to the storage shed and my Dad was laying there, not moving and barely breathing. Mom called the ambulance but when they arrived, Chuck would not let them near him. Chuck had never showed a mean streak but that day, no one was going to touch Dad. Mom and I finally got Chuck to let them take Dad. I lost my Dad that day, he was gone when I found him. Chuck never got over it, he spent the rest of his life laying beside Dad's pickup, waiting for another ride. He wouldn't ride with me when I would drive it. Chuck died 1 year to the day after my Dad died. He wouldn't eat, exercise or bark. He just laid beside that pickup and mourned.

As hard as it is to lose your dog, it is just as hard on them when they lose you. Now I have Louie, half Lab and half Golden Retriever. She is as close to me as Chuck was to Dad. I hope she goes first so she doesn't have to go through what Chuck did when he lost Dad.

Alderman,

If you only knew how bad my allergies were acting up right now...
I don't own any dogs...but I have four goldens here that sure as hell own me!
I feel your pain and I SO feel for you...been there, done that, got the bloodshot eyes from bawling myself silly...

I'm glad that you shared and maybe if I share an awesomely good story that just occurred, maybe it just might help a little...

There was a golden retriever that went missing about a month ago:
"I'm calling out for some help finding a missing dog. Calvin, a neutered male Golden Retriever, who just moved to his new home in North Bay Friday has gone missing. While on a walk with his new owner in the McLean st area, he was spooked and ran off dragging his flexi lead behind him. I imagine he is exhausted and terrified but he is a very sweet boy and we would appreciate any help you can offer to find him. He has a tattoo in his right ear XXXXXX. Please pass this on to anyone you know so we can get Calvin back home safely. You can call Casey @ 705- or Connie @ 613- if you have any information. Thanking you all in advance."

Yesterday he was found, just amazing...
"I just received this from my Facebook Group. Calvin, a 19 month old golden retriever has been missing from his new home in North Bay, Ontario since July 6th. He is now home with his Dad, Casey.

Hello Everyone,

I have some exciting news to share with you. Almost one month to the date, Calvin has found his way home!!!

I received the phone call from Alexa at the North Bay Humane Society and she had found Calvin. A report had come in from someone who happened to be back in the bush north of the Humane society near the reserve that there was a golden retriever near the stream there. Alexa trekked through the bush 15 minutes off the trail determined to find Calvin. Calvin's leash had got caught around a tree and he had pulled himself free from his collar and instead of continuing to run, he stayed there with his collar. Calvin had created a little den for himself under the tree to protect himself from the elements and was near the stream so he had a source of water to remain hydrated.

Calvin was taken to the Callander Animal Hospital and Dr. Schweitzer did a complete check on him. Dr. Schweitzer said that Calvin was not dehydrated, seemed to have no bowel obstructions and there was no noticeable injuries other than him being really skinny - Calvin is down to only 47 pounds. Calvin was given the all-clear to return home and Alexa drove Calvin home. It was the happiest moment when I saw the Humane society truck pull up with Calvin in the back. He was excited to be home and once inside he toured around the house, went straight to his food bowl and to his kennel. He is really skinny and you can see his ribs just by looking at him. I am easing him back onto his regular diet slowly as directed by the Vet.

Calvin and I have spent the afternoon just hanging out. Although he was out in the wild for a month - he is remarkably clean but I gave him a bath anyway, I am still pulling out the burrs but he is looking great. We went for a walk to say hello to the neighbours and he is very timid around other people right now, but he has been on his own for a month.

It is soo great having him back home and I want to take a moment to thank everyone for your help and support over this past month. Just when I had given up hope, Calvin came home. To those of you who created posters, posted posters, hiked around town, passed on emails and did everything to get the word out about Calvin - I don't know what I would do without you!!! You kept me hopeful I am lucky to have you all in my life. Please pass this along to everyone who has shared in the search for Calvin.

A BIG HUGE THANK-YOU!!!

Cheers
Casey "

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back