Burned up MS390

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No dealer is going to search the web and buy cheap aftermarket junk, and work on it for next to nothing.

Thank God you didn't go to Med School, you would be doing heart bypasses for your kin and calling all of the doctors "quacks"...........

AS a "Stealer", if a guy brought a saw in for repair, and the cost of repair exceeded half the cost of a new one, I would recommend buying a
new saw, which given the cost of a new piston/cyl from Stihl, maybe fuel lines, carb rebuild, seals, and labor, would be almost 3/4s of a new saw,
I would have recommended a new saw too.

Finding a dealer that didn't require $25-$50 up front, non refundable to even look at the saw is hard enough to do, but don't go on the web and call him a "Stealer"........

And when the father brings in a bunch of parts that his son tried to fix, I won't even think about working on those...........

John,
Step away from the computer for a few minutes please...
think pleasant thoughts.....deep breaths....in....out...
there ya go....you can put the knife down now...gently....there ya go...here's a candy...

our friend does not have the pleasure of meeting the "good guys" in the business yet...give him time...we ALL know the techs are the good guys !!!

:)

John,
Step away from the computer for a few minutes please...
think pleasant thoughts.....deep breaths....in....out...
there ya go....you can put the knife down now...gently....there ya go...here's a candy...

our friend does not have the pleasure of meeting the "good guys" in the business yet...give him time...we ALL know the techs are the good guys !!!

:)

So you all would be good with being called a "crook"?????

Not really... But you, being the understanding type, have a better insight into an un-educated perception of wrong doing, whereas I'd just fly off the handle...
:msp_wink:

It is standard to leave the muffler/cover off to show the customer the melted piston, if you don't charge them a diagnosis fee, and they are arrogant enough to ask it to be totally reassembled, so they can take the saw to some kid to fix, and not pay a dime.

I tell them that it costs the $15 minimum for me to put it back together, and if they leave pissed, I am glad to be rid of them.....

Sorry, been working on this **** for years, and have no patience for a cheap ess

It is standard to leave the muffler/cover off to show the customer the melted piston, if you don't charge them a diagnosis fee, and they are arrogant enough to ask it to be totally reassembled, so they can take the saw to some kid to fix, and not pay a dime.

I tell them that it costs the $15 minimum for me to put it back together, and if they leave pissed, I am glad to be rid of them.....

Sorry, been working on this **** for years, and have no patience for a cheap ess

The fellas around here charge a 25$ diagnosis fee. To me, that's reasonable. Time is money...
I'm just glad I don't have to use their services... But I do buy parts... And whine about it...
Glad I don't do it for a living...
:amazed:

No, since I was a "Stealer" in the early 90's, and have worked for a multitude of "Stealers" since, I have a right to address this crap!!!!!!

Working at a Stihl dealer, there is no searching the internet for some cheap Chinese rebuild kits. The guys that work there do what the owner and the Stihl dist. says. Stihl is real high on their part prices, that is what I make a living on.

But drop the "Stealer" ****!!!!!!!

No Sir I would not, but I work at a bank so it's assumed I AM a crook. no matter what I do or suggest as advice.

However I think the hard part for us in an industry a very long time is to understand that many people will never or rarely ever learn the insights, values and difficulty it takes to learn a profession. they just want their damn saw to run and dismiss all the effort it takes to diagnose the problem. its just a saw or a loan or a checking account....get it done...I have to get back to "facebook" or "twitter" or whatever is more important that day. Our problem is we care about what we do and there is little thanks in that.

Passion is something you can't teach, I'm glad you have it and some of us here feel your pain. some of us just want the saw to run...NOW (and for free.)

Latest posts

Back