Burning pallets in OWB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chugbug

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I know there's alot of people burning wood pallets , I have pretty good access to get them for free , are they worth the work or do they burn up to fast . I thought they would be good in the spring and fall when you don't need alot of heat and on weekends when your around to tend to the stove more often . I would think they would burn pretty fast and hot !!!! Also was wondering about the nails , whether they would get stuck in the grates ?? Any ideas??

You are right

I know there's alot of people burning wood pallets , I have pretty good access to get them for free , are they worth the work or do they burn up to fast . I thought they would be good in the spring and fall when you don't need alot of heat and on weekends when your around to tend to the stove more often . I would think they would burn pretty fast and hot !!!! Also was wondering about the nails , whether they would get stuck in the grates ?? Any ideas??
They burn quick. They are good if you let the OWB burn down low and want to get your system up to temp quick. Be advised that they can smoke like hell. I mix them in with regular wood. On weekends I do burn more of them if I'm around. Overall they are not worth the work, but if you are low on wood (I'm not) they work OK. Ihave a CB so nails are not an issue.

I like to use pallets because they make a good coal bed. Then you can stack all the good wood on the nice hot coals and get a good 16-20hr burn.:clap:

Latest posts

Back