Buy A Better Stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HUMOR: your excellent jpg's of your chimney. Exceptional. Too much like the post op pics of my colonoscopy.
Now you Excaliber, are you not a Proctologist in real life ? :confident::beat_brick::haha:

Yeah feels that way sometimes as people want to treat me like a mushroom, Keep me in the dark and feed me ####. Thought you would see some humor in what I wrote, if not I tried, LOL:biggrin:

So, let's have the inconvenient truth: what heating appliances do you have besides your wondrous BK ? The truth, or else. :(
].

I don't know why you think I have a BK. I don't, only a smaller heritage non-cat stone stove. We heat 100% with it for more than 9 months from end of September to mid-June. See, we may not get as cold as you but we have a much longer heating season. My broken leg backup is those cadet wall heaters in most rooms, they haven't been run in years. Everybody should have a backup. In fact, it is required by most insurance companies.

Really logbutcher, you're just rambling. Fact is the average high heat output is 47k but the max is 90k. At least as good as any other extra large stove out there. Heck, even as good as some furnaces.

I don't know why you think I have a BK. I don't, only a smaller heritage non-cat stone stove. We heat 100% with it for more than 9 months from end of September to mid-June. See, we may not get as cold as you but we have a much longer heating season. My broken leg backup is those cadet wall heaters in most rooms, they haven't been run in years. Everybody should have a backup. In fact, it is required by most insurance companies.

Really logbutcher, you're just rambling. Fact is the average high heat output is 47k but the max is 90k. At least as good as any other extra large stove out there. Heck, even as good as some furnaces.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot HB, you know all about this cure-for-all BK, yet you don't have one ! How the H do you know the output ? Measured it ? Due diligence.

And yes, I'm just a rambling man. Try it. I may even burst into song: " I'm just a rambling man........":tongue2:

The BTUs put out by your tiny Heritage are ~ 1/2 larger normal wood stoves; cat stoves of same specs will produce more.

As for the "longer heating season": think delta = the amount of BTUs needed to bridge the temperature difference between outdoors average @ ~20 F to an indoor say 70 F. Big delta. Your average (my friends in Bellingham,Edmunds for example tell us) DAYTIME temperature is more in the high 40's F in MID-WINTER. Look over the heating needs over most of northern N.A. Our heating needs run from Fall to Spring.

P.S. Those Cadet "broken leg backups" (what's that ? ) need running periodically. They'll rust to hell if you don't. How do I know ?

Latest posts

Back